Saturday, May 14, 2005

Taman Negara

Wow...Long time no post...well, i came back frm Singapore on the mother's day weekend for me mommy! (Written something bout it edi but havent had time to post...wait...patience!!) And den, on monday, i left for singapore again...gotta go back to spore to pack my stuff and on the same day head to Malaysia for the camp together with the NUS Navigators to Taman Negara, Pahang. WOW rite?? yeah...was dead tired but wert to do...terpaksa la!!

Mother's day was fun. I'm quite sure me mom was appreciative of me coming back for mommy's day and altho it was a simple celebration - makan and shopping, still it means something!

Camp was awesome...well, here comes the long story!
An adventure camp with city kids - Singaporeans...hmmm....Anyway, it was similar but yet vy different too....Similar because this is NOT my first adventure camp...not my first time being in a bat cave...not my first time into a jungle and not my first time on a canopy walk....nothing new but yet the ppl that i went with make a lot of difference!! the whole theme of the camp made a lot of difference and the things that i needed to do and deal with in the camp made the difference.

I went to camp with a heavy heart. I didn't wanna leave home (but i had to) , i was emotionally down....enuff reasons to keep me away frm a camp...but believe it or not, the main thing that cause me to go was my obligation to go because i was suppose to lead 2 worship sessions...i know i know...wrong reasons...kenot just go out of obligation...But, i'm quite sure God made it in such a way that i was "forced" to go to the camp and den He wanted to teach me something.

God worked in subtle ways too....wow...He's awesome!! HE'S just so great!!!
As i was on the 3 hour boat ride (my bum hurt badly frm that ride), i look at God's creation and God reminded me of how different doens't mean ugly and useless and not accepted and not loved. There was this tree.....it stood tall amongst the other trees and the leaves were red in colour...it looked SOOO beautiful... Yet, many a times i feel like that tree....Feel like : i'm so different, i'm not liked, i'm not accepted and i'm not loved...And when i saw that tree, God reminded me that HE doesnt think of me that way that i think HE does...and in fact, HE thinks i'm beautiful...even with my own flaws....

Through leading worship, He taught me how HE can and will use our weakness for good and to bring glory to HIS name!! WE need not be perfect and all that....

There were plenty of things that HE taught me....i don't really have my notebook here with me so sorry, no details...later yah!

but, as i was in the camp, the LORD spoke to me and said : JeeLee, there's something i want you to settle - your anger and dislike against your brothers and against guys....so i said...ok...i'll try. And yeah.....i guess, its just another phase of life lor.....but, i'm okie with guys...so, no fear...i dont eat guys up and i'm over it liao...dealt it with God....and it's all over.....i'm alrite...yeah

No worries....God loves me and i am here to shower love to everyone around me...if u know me well, you'll know that i can never get angry for a very long time....i get angry easily (a weakness) but not for long....hahahha

so...peace out...i'll write more about camp later when i have my notebook with me....rite now, i gotta visit the toilet and den get ready to go to church for Eric and Kuan Daii's wedding!!! woohoo!!!!

ciao....byeeessss....

God bless......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home