Thursday, February 02, 2006

Huh?

Most of the new year celebration accounts that I read (blogs) or heard of sounds boring, pointless and not much of chinese new year mood. That makes me sad. And wonder.....

I thank God because I had a pretty good chinese new year celebration. Well, reunion meals for 3 consecutive days is super good for me. Not the food merely. But the company. :) Once in a while, we let down our guards on the waistline lor hor. hehe....

After my grandma passed away a few years ago, the family seldom gather together. And sometimes, we even find it difficult to gather during chinese new year, which is definitely a sad case. But, I really thank God for arranging this year's reunion dinner and cny celebration to be something that brought the family together. It's been so long since I've had my aunties and uncles around and I think seeing how they help out in the preparing of food and how they bonded with my parents through that carved a smile in my face. :) Seeing the happy faces on my parents, siblings, cousins, aunties and uncles....priceless!

Of course, I get to speak my mother tongue. I only speak my mother tongue with my relatives and wengyan. haha..... I don't speak it fluently but I enjoy speaking the least I can and of course learning to improve on it. Speaking hakka makes me feel chinese? haha....or makes me feel like I belong to some specific group of people? haha...I donno.

I envy the older generation where they marry each other who speaks the same dialect. It's so fun. My parents are of different dialects. So, we are suppose to learn 2 dialects? My paternal grandma baby-sitted me. So, I was brought up knowng hakka but not hainanese. Opps. (My father is hakka while my mother is hainanese)

Next time, I should make sure I marry a hakka too. Then, my children learns pure hakka. Of course my husband should be able to speak the dialect fluently la. haha....

Joshua, holiday right? Come to Singapore!!!
I think Weng Soon is suppose to be here in Singapore today too. hmmmmm......

I'm writing all these just to avoid the one thing that is bothering me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home