Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas - not X'mas

Christmas isn’t Christmas till it happens in your heart
Somewhere deep inside you
Is where Christmas really starts
So give your heart to Jesus
You’ll discover when you do
That is Christmas really Christmas for you

My all time favourite Christmas song. This year, the gang went for shopping on Christmas eve because some of us realise that we haven’t gotten presents for some of our friends. I got a bit depressed when I can’t think of anything to buy for a friend. Felt like such a loser. How can I call myself a friend when I can’t think of anything to buy for her? Oh gosh. So, left The Curve bout 6pm. Went for family Christmas dinner at 730pm. Put on a really fake smile all the time till it ended. Got home and stayed up till 2am preparing all the presents and even cut myself. The joy of preparing for Christmas day.

Oh this year we had a pretty interesting Christmas carolling time. I enjoyed it even though I joined in unintentionally. You see, I was out with Weng Yan for lunch. After dropping her at her home, I was thinking of going to Ikea. And since I was alone, I thought it would be fun to go together with yueen san la. Since I barely spent time alone with her this holiday. But when I called her she told me she was in an orphanage. Only then did I remember the YF was having a whole day carolling session at orphanage and old folks homes. And since I was in the area and Yueen San asked me to go, so I went la. Join them and sang and got bitten by mosquitoes. But, it was reli fun la…..Really enjoyed it all….The whole day was fun. Eventually went to Ikea with Josh and San. Our luck to be in Ikea when the power went off and no air-cond and only emergency lights on – woah, it was terrible. Then, the time spent catching up with Aliza was fun too. Ahh….so fun

Christmas day…hmmm, it was rather ordinary feeling to me. I didn’t feel like there was something to dress up to…Went to church and seeing it packed was something quite nice la. Choir did well. I’m so proud of them la. 3 weeks worth of practice and they can come up with something that well. It’s really God’s grace man! And then I came to realise, hmm…Chris can be pretty charming too, when he did his solo, erm, side profile la. Haha. I think Joshua did very well for his narration. His lines, postures, gestures, emotions, all went pretty well. Ah. So happy.

After Christmas service was over. Went to Joshua’s house for Christmas lunch and then all of us got to say hello to Charity and Cherrie. Hehe. Sorry ar Charity, I camera shy la. Hehe. Still, Merry Christmas!!! Went back and slept. And of course, as it is our Christmas Day tradition, we met up at nite and stayed in Sam’s house till 5:30am. I got back at 6:15am. I rather drive at 6am than at 3 or 4am lor honestly!!!

So overall, Christmas wasn’t exactly very super extra an emotional high for me. But being able to celebrate with friends and family was really exciting. Friends more than family I think. Whoops. Hehe.

Sigh. God, help. God, sorry. God, forgive me. God, help.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home