Sunday, December 03, 2006

Words are not enough

They say the joy of leading someone to Christ is so great that you can’t hold it back. Well, honestly, after it took place, i didn't quite feel the joy till a little later. Well, while praying, of course I was excited but to say that excitement was joy is a little of an exaggeration. And after that, i didn't quite feel the joy anymore. So, I prayed and talked to God a little. And i figured this happened: Maybe it's because God wanted to teach me that I shan't take pride in what happened and boast. To be very honest, I figure that it is very easy to have taken so much pride in what happened and to a certain extent, even boast about it. Because, I have been spending the last week and a half reading the Bible with her and just doing so much (okay, maybe not very much) during the study week when most people are preparing for exams, and honestly, it is so tempting to boast. After figuring that this is possibly what is happening: that God is teaching me to not be boastful or prideful over what has taken place, even though it is a thing that is really worth rejoicing over, I prayed and ask God for forgiveness if there is any way in me that is unrighteous and that if i even dare think that the conversion of a friend is something that I brought to pass; that it was something I DID. And gradually, I felt the peace and the joy and then I realised how I really should be rejoicing together with the heavenly beings over a soul saved. Truly, my heart goes up in Praise to the Saviour and mighty God.

And today, my mind replayed a very emotional scene, which brought tears to me eyes. The scene where my mother left me to be in Singapore. My mother came with me to Singapore to clear every single thing for me. I am truly blessed I must say. I'm not as independent as people think eh. haha. And when she left, I knew I was going to be alone. No more family. No more comfort. This will be life for me for the next minimum 6 years. When I thought of it that way, how not to cry rite? But yeah, I miss my mother. I miss my father. I miss family. BUT, I'm so excited that i'll see them in 5 days time. On friday, they will all be here. Too bad popo can't come. Still, it's so exciting thinking that I'll see family again. I'm so excited. Family!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home