Sunday, November 05, 2006

It was a very good day - part 1

The two performance I went for on Saturday are worth a blog post each. I’ll see how this goes anyway.

Jee Aun’s Kindergarten Graduation Concert

It was extremely irritating. With participating 11 kindergartens, it was extremely patience testing when the emcees were just two noisy women yaking all the way. Trust me, it was so irritating that my father and I walked out half way through the concert. It was extremely irritating and boring. So, what why is this blog worthy? Because my brother won “Student of the Year” award. I was and still am a very proud sister. And I can’t imagine how proud my parents are.

And during the whole prize giving ceremony, my mind went back to when I was in kindergarten. How I was loved by my teachers and how at the same time, I was a laughing stock by the way I would “warn” my teachers not to scold me. I was a very daring child. Maybe spoke too much. But I remember how I conducted the song during our graduation concert too. It was so fun. But, as I sat there and watch parents, I was just so moved to see how it is so difficult to bring children up the right way, how all they want for their kids are nothing less than good, how every single’s parent faced glowed in pride as they see their son/daughter on stage – they must be the happiest persons on earth. It’s amazing. And then, I went into the “I want to be a mother” mood but at the same time doubted my ability to be a good one.

Back to the concert.

So, they had an inter-kindergarten dance competition and it was so entertaining!! Some of these kids can really dance! And oh gosh, they are so cute!

Jee Aun’s kindergarten won the best dance! Haha. Again, a very proud sister I am. They choose the nicest song. This one, I’m not bragging. Many kindergarten choose songs from this year’s world cup and I have no idea why. Many children can’t dance to those songs. So, it was quite bleah. But my brother’s kindy was really cool! They danced to Lion King’s “The Circle of Life”, which is so awesome. But the dance was even greater. They had kids in all sorts of animal costume – birds, leopards, caterpillars, and all sorts la…they of course had trees too. So, all the animals was out there dancing to the song and then came the most important people – the prince and princess (aka Simba and Nala). My brother was the prince and oh boy he was so good looking! Soooo good looking! Faith was the princess and she was so cute!!! They looked good together. Hah. My brother’s costume cost approx RM200. I’m very sure the princess’ costume cost waaay more. But anyhow, he did really well. I was so impressed!!! SO impressed. I have pictures and videos but they’re all back in KL. When I do have it, I’ll post it up.

As I looked at the kids and the teachers, I went back to think again whether I should teach kids or not. I am gifted in handling kids, very gifted. And I enjoy teaching kids. It’s so fun! I’ve always had this dilemma. To teach a group that I am gifted in or a group that I can impact greatly? I don’t know. I enjoy the youth work but I guess, kids work are much easier, less tension – at least for me la. And I don’t know what joy comes out of teaching secondary school kids (or older) but I know the fulfilment of teaching younger kids. And going to work is never a problem. Oh gosh. So how? Pray lor….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home