Thursday, November 02, 2006

Stress come. Stress go.

Maybe I get stressed often but I rarely get this stressed. How stress? Stress until cannot sleep and stress until walk also can fall down. Yes, I fell in school today. I know!! So totally embarrassing!! Thank goodness it wasn't an unglam fall.

So, why so stress? Because all my lecturers decide to be very gracious and all at the same time decide to either have a test or an assignment due in the same week and it is the one week before the reading week. That means, it's in about one and a half weeks. Now, this sucks. Because, I have to rush so many projects and study for tests and then, my last lap for this semester starts - i gotta start studying for finals. Somehow, I wish I took some 100% CA module. Then, donnit to study for exam. Yay! Sigh. No excuse la. Have to study like mad this semester.

I kept telling myself from the moment I wake up this morning that I must not be stress coz God can take care of everything. The whole time, that was the only thing in my mind. And guess what? I had a good time talking to Ruth today, a better time talking to Wei Ting and it was uphill from then on. But, when I'm given opportunity to be alone, then argh, stress comes and nudge me a little. Argh. This time, really thank God for Ade. I really wanted to vomit blood edi. We have to cover a breaking news for our media writing module. So, we both want to do on the relocation of a bus interchange. So, what do we do? GO all the way down to the bus interchange and talk to SBS people, bus drivers, eavesdrop on people complaining about the interchange. Ade spoke to most people. I was her official photographer. Haha. It's so funny coz I almost got banged as I cleverly stood in the middle of the road taking a picture. Woah. Want to die ar?! haha.

You can probably tell. I'm a little crazy now.

I'm thankful to God for Ade because not only did she took the load off me by talking to most people, she took time off to pray together. Hehe, I would have flunked embarrassingly trying to talk to people at the bus interchange anyway since I can't speak Mandarin for nuts. But, still, she graciously just allowed me take tonnes of pictures, which I honestly don't even know if we need. I think praying with someone was something that I really really needed. Yes, I get super uptight when my schedule is interfered. (My schedule was all messed up when I got hungry and had to eat and when the time at the interchange took longer than I expected). So, anyway, it was a good time just praying and catching up. She says she feels that I'm quite light hearted - ie: not very burdened - although I keep saying that I'm stressed. Guess that whole psyching myself that God is in control did help! hehe. But the better part is this: I left with an even lighter heart.

Tonnes of it to do but just do what I can. Take things a step at a time. I cannot afford to be so stressed over so many things. I am glad I choose a topic for Critical Discourse Analysis that is a personal interest : COMICS. Haha. I somehow couldn't find Marvel comics in the school library but they had tonnes of LAT. And you know, you'd be suprise to find this out but NUS has many research books on Dilbert. Yes, Dilbert! Probably one of the lamest and funniest comic character I must say but to know that people actually research into it is extremely amusing. Haha. Look who's talking rite? I am going to analyse comics too. not research but still, analyse. I'm crazy. Janice probably thought I was crazy when I first came up with the topic but it's seriously super interesting la. And, i never realised this but NUS has tonnes of books on comics la. Oh there's even a book entitled : The Theology of Peanuts. Goodness gracious me. Trust me, it IS a theology book. (And additional interesting point is that it was located in the NUS Medical Library. Now, why would it be there?) Now, it is SO interesting that my mentor asked whether she can read the book anot. Mind you, an extremely busy woman is interested to read a comic book is news! It's on theology. Oh my goodness. This is so coool. Now you know why I like what I study. Because it's amazing! It's so fun!

Phonology and Semantics and Morphology and Syntax and Pragmatics and what have you are all just one side to being a linguist. When you apply all that to practical aspects of life, oh boy, it's amazingly interesting.

And, I know I will be able to sleep well tonight because I'm not stressed anymore. Stress for me is like having periods. It comes and it goes. Periods stay longer. Stress usually are much shorter. Now it is gone. YAY!!!

God is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home