Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Application : Learning, learning!!

There's so much to learn - ESP from James (No, not the James from church or James from Nav) !!

It's so hard to listen and den apply to life! Arggghh....Life's been quite discouraging and even disappointing as well...For a start, i woke up today to the alarm of my handphone and i wondered :eh, what happened to my alarm clock? Rupa-rupanya, no more batery edi!!!And a massive headache....hmm....now now...Not a very good start to the day rite?

Anyway, i got up and read my Bible and did my BSF work. Oh, incase any of of u reading donno what's BSF, it's Bible Study Fellowship!!

It's not easy keeping my eyes looking up and forward...Looking unto the LORD. I know i alwiz make it sound so easy but it's definitely easier said and done. Esp when exams is round the corner, its even easier to be discouraged and den it's not easy lar...i hate studying lor. Lord, why not i just serve YOU my very best - go into mission field or something la...i dowan to study liao...I know i sometimes feel like giving up, but on the other hand, i also know that it is the LORD's will for me to continue studying for HE sent me here to NUS. I've been praying that whatever the discouragement may be, be it studies or relationships or even my own personal instablity as far as my walk with the LORD is concerned, i know that HE will never leave me nor forsake me!! I need to come before HIM, humble and accepting HIS word with open heart!!

I'm here on this third rock from the sun call earth living my life as well as i can...running the race in order to win it! But, i guess....i'm not here to put up a strong front for everyone so that they can look at me and say : She's very strong in the LORD. Well, the fact that i'm blogging all my life journey and my tracks in this race, i want to say that Life is not easy and being a christian for more than 10 years doenst mean that i've MASTERED the skills of living and doesnt mean that i no longer get disappointed or anything like that. I still do!! But, the differences is that i know what is it i need to know and i also know that the LORD is there to pick me up when i fall and continue to cheer me on as i run this race! It's not easy. We all fall once in a while, and it's nothing to be ashamed of. No one should make me feel ashamed of my fallings and failures because it is part and parcel of life and through it all, the LORD has something to teach me!! More importantly is that when we fall, we lift our hands to the LORD so that HE can lift us up and when we're up, continue to run the race and HE will continue to cheer us on!! Don't get up and sit there thinking : Aiyo, i shdn't have fallen. but i did...all this self-pity is not gonna do us all good. I still do that once in a while but i guess, when i commit myself into the LORD's hands...He is faithful and HE will comfort me when i need it lor!!

I read James and i see this verse that says, James 2:23, And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, "Abraham believed God and it was accounted to him for righteousness." And he was called the friend of God. WOW!!!!! I want to be called God's friend as well...i want to be like david, a woman after God's own heart... Well, it's not easy...Abraham had to go through the test..i will too....David went through sufferings as well...i need to too....

yeah man....so, for whoever who's reading this, lets keep each other in prayer....for our strength is definitely in the LORD yeah...(Phil 4:13)!!

Lets pray that the journey from the head (knowledge) to the heart wont be a difficult one and won't take SO long....

Let me add this song, by Avalon...entitled : Adonai

One single drop of rain
Your salty tear became blue ocean
One tiny grain of sand turning in your hand
A world in motion
You're out beyond the furthest morning star
Close enough to hold me in Your arms
Adonai
I lift up my heart and I cry
My Adonai
You are maker of each moment
Father of my hope and freedom
Oh, my Adonai
One timid faithful knock
Resounds upon the Rock of Ages
One trembling heart and soul
Becomes a servant bold and courageous
You call across the mountains and the seas
I answer from the deepest part of me
From age to age you reign in majesty
And today you're making miracles in me

truly, He'll carry us through each day....carry us through all trying times....It is pure joy anyway!!!! yeah...and we can go and cry to HIM!!!! That's what we have in the LORD....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home