Tuesday, January 03, 2006

2006....

Year 2005 has gone and year 2006 is here.

Many things has past and gone. I can't exactly remember how 2005 started. It just seem way too long ago. I can't remember.

But, as far as I could remember, I think it was pretty good. The man who caught my attention then left for oversea study. But I remember telling myself that it's good cause now I can get my mind off him. hehe....and the rest of the semester went on pretty well. Of course there were little hiccups and heartaches here and there. Well, it happens. Then, there was the 3 months holidays, during which I got to know a much appreciated friend better, even though we've not known each other for very long. It was pretty much of a heartache as well, sending Shelby, Li Yee and Christopher to USM. Time flies. One minute you see them in sunday school and Bible School ( as it was known then) and Youth Fellowship and the next minute you see them entering university. Nevertheless, there were heartwarming times as well, with family and friends whom I love so much and whom I miss so much while I'm here in Singapore. Then, semester 2 starts. Start of being in the exco of the Nus Navigators. Didn't realise how tough things would be.

I can reflect more on how the semester have been since it's pretty fresh in my mind. Let this be a long post - i don't care. It's for memory sake (and archive).

The semester started with a bit of stress from a fellow exco member who weren't very happy with me. bleah. Then, the man who caught my attention returned (and caught my attention again!). Then, I realised how difficult it would be to work with my president. I didn't know why it was tough then but I do now. An entire semester of being timid. And this is not me. Being quiet and being timid is a different thing of course. I know that. Of course to a certain extent, my reservation was also because I didn't want to be too quick to speak but I too realised an unhealthy reason behind all the reservation - which was cowardice. I admit it here. I chickened out many many times in doing things that I knew I should do and would just enjoy in being quiet and nobody knowing what is happening in my life. I was quite comfortable being left alone (To a certain extent). And I was speeding all the way throughout the semester. I almost made no time for myself. Almost no recreation. There were time of rest but not much recreation. I was on fifth gear most of the time. Which explains my tiredness by the end of the semester. My stress level was high most of the time. And oh well, I get stress when people stress me and more so when I stress myself. I'm good at it! Anyway, half way through the semester, was saying adios to Mun Onn. I remember he was uncle Mun Onn to me. hehe....

ok, I lost my train of thought cause my buddy Liren just called! The last time he called and chat was ONE whole semester ago!!!

Anyway,yeap, the past semester has been trying and challenging in many aspects. Nonetheless, God is good because He is the great I AM!! It's impossible to list down everything that He has done. Even through the good or bad that has happened, He has shown Himself to be good!

A few highlights :
Through Edgar, I got my first experience of being intimidated by a man, I had my share of trying and challenging times with my relationship with him. Through it all though, I appreciate him a lot! He has taught me lessons many people couldn't have done better. Through him, God worked! Through him, God blessed! Through him, God taught! Through him, God rebuked! Through him, God cared! Through him, God was a friend! Through him, God loved! I donno whether he'll read this or not but A big Thank You to you, dear friend!

Through Jon, I've got to experience again what is it like to know/meet someone whom I've not known for very long but who are somewhat similar to myself. Precious friendship! As it is Jon's motto, to be honest (even if it hurts)....yeah....

Through Beverly, I've learnt quite a number of things about myself. Some disgusting things, some encouraging things. Yeap!

Through Sarah, I've learnt I can be a friend and the challenges that come with it. Being a christian friend.

Through many people this year/semester, I've learnt many many things about myself, about God, about people...

Through Shelby and Liren, I realised that I'm a person who makes the funniest random statements ever and coining funny words too.

Anyway, there'll be too much to thank or reflect on. There have been many friends around and each and everyone has touched my life at every moment of my life and I appreciate you all. Even if your name is not mentioned here, please know that I love you dearly and I thank God for you.

Right now, I'm missing Joshua terribly. No one to fetch me around and no one to come visit me.

I miss my family of course!

Though I've said that the previous semester has been good. Nonetheless, I'm still weak in me flesh! I have sinned and I have failed God many times. Not proud of those but it's still what i've done. Yeap....

I was listening to James Blunt's song. I quite like his song. until I heard the F word. I can't stand musicians who HAVE to use the F word in their songs. Lose all respect for them lar! ish.... You're beautiful is nice! except for the F word part lar. Nevertheless, the way James Blunt puts his words and music, i donno, sparks an interest in me. Bleah. I donno.....hehehe. His tears and rain is nice.


You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw you face in a crowded place,
And I don't know what to do,
'Cause I'll never be with you.
You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
There must be an angel with a smile on her face,
When she thought up that I should be with you.
But it's time to face the truth,
I will never be with you.


I guess it's time I run far, far away; find comfort in pain,
All pleasure's the same: it just keeps me from trouble.
Hides my true shape, like Dorian Gray.
I've heard what they say, but I'm not here for trouble.
It's more than just words: it's just tears and rain.



It's funny how i'm blogging with songs of these lyrics now. Cause i'm not really feeling like them now. But, it's just nice(?).

Anyway, new semester starting really soon. And, erm... gotta settle down some thoughts. Start of a new year!


4 Comments:

At 12:34 am , Blogger -- J e e L e e -- said...

Yeah lar! I can't believe it either. Bowling? or Badminton...anything that needs a sock rite?! hehe....

Yeah....Better make sure the next time i'm back, we will meet up....Maybe bowling or badminton or red-box? hehe

Take care Bro!!

Cheers~

 
At 3:26 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

bowling, badminton whatever - you guys cant come to me room after that and stink up my place wif yrs socks - and leave stuffs on me car anymore!!!!!

blessed new year! miss you guys lots.

God bless.

 
At 10:51 am , Blogger -- J e e L e e -- said...

Well uncle mun onn, at least we thought of you rite! That's why we'll miss you even more when we have no other room to stink after a game of bowling or badminton. Actually, badminton will be better. Coz it'll stink more!! hehe...

Well, we left stuffs on ur car, but you, dangerous you, THREW stuff onto my car!!!

hehe....

May the year be a blessed one (and fun-filled too)

:)

 
At 11:05 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

another new year means another year older.

on new year's day, kevin sighed and said that he feels so old! i glared at him and said "thanks a lot, man". that must mean i'm really ancient!!!!!

but i have plenty of nice memories! thanks for being part of them.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home