Tuesday, January 10, 2006

A long walk...

A long day. A long walk. My leg hurts. My body hurts. I need rest. I need sleep.

Had difficulty getting up this morning because I slept late last night but had to wake up early to go to Jon's grandma's wake. (no...not you Jon! Another Jon. A taller Jon. hehe...) But I wanted to be there. So, I dragged myself out of the bed. Was on time to meet William and Cuong. Thank God for that. I shall practise that more often. I have been early these few days when I agree to meet people at a specific time. So, that's great!

Well, during the wake, I felt nothing until I saw Jon's dad and mom crying. Good grief!! It hit me like a thunderstorm. And my memory brought me back to my grandma's own funeral. And I miss her so much! And they played the Ibu, Ibu song! And they played Auld lang syne!!! How can they??!!! Either they stop playing those songs or I'll leave! I'm missing home and i'm missing my late grandmother, and I cry everytime auld lang syne is played!! So, either I leave or they stop. Coz I didn't want to end up crying in someone else's wake! (esp when you don't know the dead) that didn't sound politically well.

Anyway, after the wake, I had lunch with Joshua. He's a kind man! Of course, he was interested in duck rice while I was eyeing the Siew Yoke!! Ok, it tasted horrible!! I mean, who puts thick taucu duck sauce onto siew yoke??? Siew Yoke must be crunchy!!! It must!! The stupid sauce made it all soggy! Ah, what a disappointment!

Went and met david. Got the tickets. I realised that he actually need not go with me to collect the bus tickets since he's not travelling together with me. But, well, he was kind enuff to go with me to collect my tickets and also pay for it! :) Of course I'll pay him back lar....I'm not those kinda girl who eats on guys money! After getting the tickets, we decided to go to Orchard. And we wondered why are the chinese new year decorations all not up yet? funny eh! Maybe Chinatown is!! I don't know. So, we walked and walked and walked. We were both looking for gifts for friends whose birthdays are very near!! But, we ended up walking home empty handed. Well, not really because David bought the umbrella at Giordano that sells cheaper on a rainy day! But I was walking home empty handed. Oh well, it's not always that you go out that you must come back with something. I'm no shopperholic. Plus, I'm super stingy. And super duper particular about toilet cleanliness! Woah....No matter how urgent I need the toilet, but if it's not at visitable condition, I'm NOT visiting the toilet! Well, that's one thing to note about me. So, not only do I NEED to bathe every morning and only talk after I've brushed my teeth and wash my hair everyday, the toilet must always be clean for me to use! These are my hygiene practices that are weirdo a little and that I can think of for now. hehe....

I saw this CD that I wanted to buy for Miffy but it's a bit out of my budget. I think she'll like it. :)

Sidetrack : everytime I spend time with Jon, I find something interesting about him. And the more I find him interesting. O well, he's scrawny and tall and hunches when he walks.....But, an interesting fine young man!

I realised I sidetracked a lot in this post. Maybe I'm really tired and need to rest. I have a 9am class tomorrow and I know nothing about that module. How come no handout wan?? And at 12pm, there'll be street evangelism. At 2pm, I'm meeting Miffy. I have left out Sarah. Oh no!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home