Monday, October 02, 2006

Summary of it all....

Lately, I’ve been more and more encouraged about my desire to go into missions. And the desire has deepened. I’m just praying more and God is also doing more in my heart. It has been a very encouraging two weeks. I know I haven’t written much about what’s going on…But, it’s too difficult to express in written form. Talk to me and I’ll tell you the exciting stories of how God is working in me.

I cannot say this more, but fellow brothers and sisters, pray more. It may be the most boring thing to do but see it as being in the presence and communion with God. It’s tremendously fulfilling and good, even if you kena rebuke. Trust me. If there’s one thing I want to encourage you to do is this: Be diligent in being in His presence!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’ve tried writing about the fantastic weekend I had back home. But, I can’t seem to justify it all with pure words.

So, here’s my attempt at using pictures too.

I’ve had a very blessed week – just spending time with very precious people in my life.

Time with family was very precious – just being home, being in the presence of beloveds – Priceless!

My meal times with sisters – Adelene, Yin Ngai, and Aliza was very precious. Each of them took the initiative to make me feel very special. Our meal times assured me that our friendship were secure and that they love me and that I love them too. Because when I didn’t feel obliged to meet up with them. Instead, I was very happy!

My meal times with school friends – namely, Boon Khoon and Sin Chee was good. We chatted about a few things and gave me a small chance to make statements of my faith, which I was very thankful for.

My meal times with church friends – first group, Jon and Shelby was encouraging. (Jon is from SJGC but we’re all part of a big family!) One topic that encouraged me was when we were talking about full-time ministry. I was very encouraged to see a fellow brother on fire for God – to serve Him in full-time ministry. Of course, it was rather ironic that we then started talking about how to be a billionaire. Haha. But, spending time together was good – as always.
Second group, the Life Chapel people – too many to name them, but it was good to see them all in church. Some people look different. Keat Poh has a new hairdo. Timothy has tanned. Emily looking prettier each time I see her. Talking to uncle Jit Seng was precious. I don’t know how I will handle it if God takes him home while I’m in Singapore. Charise is ever so cute. She’s slim down quite a bit but still my favourite of all babies in church! Iain and Ivan still the playful but shy brothers. Then, there’s my breakfast buddies! Oh girls, you are so precious to me and I love each one of you so much. God has definitely blessed me with friends like yourselves!

My time spent with Joshua was very good as well. I think through the course of me studying abroad, Joshua has sometimes said things that make me feel rather insecure over our friendship but I’m beginning to see that when Joshua affirmed me once that I’m a friend he treasured, he still mean it even until now – that I am still a friend he treasures. The fact that he wanted to spend time with me was heart-warming. Of course, being driven around is always something to be happy about. Haha…

I didn’t get to spend much time with Weng Yan, I mean time alone. Nevertheless, I know she intends to but time didn’t permit. It’s okay girl, I know you love me. That’s all that matters! I love you too… because a friend like you is truly a blessing to me I do not deserve!

I thank God for each one of you… and I treasure each of you so much.

Here would be some pictures that would speak for itself:


A very happy blessed birthday celebration Posted by Picasa


Delicious Bak Kut Teh...the before and after. :) Posted by Picasa


Brickfield's very good and famous Pork Noodle!!! Yummy..... Posted by Picasa


Yummylicious steamboat... Posted by Picasa

Ah...home....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home