Sunday, September 17, 2006

Eventful weekend

So much has happened over the weekend. Went to Johor with Radika and David and we did very Malaysian things - shop and eat! Well, it was good time spent with fellow Malaysians especially when at the back of our heads we have one very important agenda: Celebrate Radika's 21st birthday!

So, let me just bore you with a little reporting.

We left Kranji MRT at about 3:15pm on Saturday, 16th Sept 2006. And it started to pour! It rained so heavily that we started to wonder whether is this God's way of saying, "Go back to Singapore" I was tempted to go back to Singapore because right at that moment, I was just thinking of my test on Monday. Nevertheless, there are certain things about being in Johor that was just too attractive and I honestly don't think God was saying "go back to Singapore". So anyway, since it was pouring cats and dogs, we went to Larkin to get bus tickets to go back to KL a week from now. And the minute you get out of the 170 bus from Kranji to Larkin, people will crowd around you, trying to get you to go on their bus. Oh gosh! I hate that of Larkin. After we got our tickets, we didn't even want to linger for 1 minute, took the immediate 170 bus back to Johor City Square. And then, braved the rain and walked into City Square. First shop we see, FOS! I've been looking for an FOS in Singapore and I have no clue where it is but I was not going to shop at anywhere else if we do not go into FOS. So, we all got something from FOS and then I went to Vincci to get SHOES! If you've been hearing me complain about how I want so much to get new pairs of shoes, good news to you, you won't need to hear those whines anymore because I've gotten shoes already and I'm very happy with them! Yes, not one but TWO! After shopping, we went to get movie tickets to THE ONLY MOVIE I'VE WALKED OUT ON! I'll tell u more about that later. So, after movie was time for D I N N E R!! Yay!! So, we ate at Wong Kok Char Chan Teng. I don't know if you've heard of it before or not or whether there is even one in Singapore or not but I've had the BEST Toast Bread there! This is so serious. You MUST go and have the toast bread in Wong Kok Char Chan Teng! It's superb. And then, I had Cheese Baked rice with Siew yuk! Well, It's the closest I can get to satisfying my siew yuk crave rite? Not the best of course, when it's baked in cheese and donno-what sauce, it didn't taste as authentic. Anyhow, good time of just eating. But of course, when the bill came, we were rather shocked. Imagine, Rm66 for 3 fellas. The things that food-deprived Malaysians do to compensate the cry of their stomach for delicious food.

So, the movie! It's called Ghost Game. Go check it out on a web. It's tremendously terrible. I didn't want to watch it knowing how pictures stay in my mind. I get fear of closing my eyes when I bathe, I get scared when I'm alone and I suddenly feel there are "things" around me. Seish. U get it. I get frightened. But seeing that I was getting frightened, my lovely friends decided to force me into it. So, I had no choice. First thing into the movie and I see who I'm sitting next to: a mushy couple. Oh great! Next best thing, the seat stinks! Oh my, times like these, you appreciate TGV, GSC and Cineleisure. And so the movie starts. And oh, I can't understand what they are saying and I wonder is it because of the language?! Goodness, it was in THAI! NOT ENGLISH. My! Am I going to sit through a horror movie reading the subtitles??!!! This is terrible. So, I started complaining to my friends "We NEED to get out" They still wanted to stay for money's worth. Okay, fine. Being totally scared, I covered my eyes and ears! And silently wish I could fall asleep. Peeping once in a while, I saw some of those terrible images. But the best part was this: David was so interested in getting me horrified and it backfired on him. So, as I was keeping my eyes all shut, you can imagine what effect the movie will have on me - none. But, for David who wants to get back his money worth, he watched the whole thing and freaked out of course! So at one particular juncture, he jumped off his chair and screamed. Followed by a very loud "wahlau" and then laughed. (Yes, I have strange friends) So me and Radika laughed our heads off when we saw David reacting that way. And of course, since Malaysians don't say 'wah lau', it was pretty obvious this boy is from Singapore. Even after that, they refuse to get out of the movie. It was honestly very stupid to sit in a cinema where the seats stinks and it was a totally crap movie because it had no story line whatsoever and these were actors and actresses I don't know of and it was in a language I know nothing off. So, let's leave. They wouldn't budge. So, I sat there until the people in the movie had to recite a charm or some prayer thing. Having no peace at all after watching that, I immediately turn to Radika and say "I'm leaving!" Very sure! Radika would go if I go. So, we both left. As we were leaving, David says "I'm not gonna watch this alone." So, he left together with us. Oh good. So, we continue shopping. And then, left for Lee Girk's house.

So, mouth itching to eat something, all of us went to have supper - RAMLI Burger and satay! Hehe… Satisfied. We went to Lee Girk's house. Bathed. Slept. I was glad to be forced to bed at about 12midnight. I was so happy - thinking that I would be able to get a good night's rest. Sigh. I am finally admitting that yes, there is something very wrong with me. I cannot sleep although I know I really need it.

Sunday I was just doing my morning devotions before going to church and I was brought back to Psalm 62. The exact same given to me when I left for Singapore. And as I read it, suddenly I realised why this psalm was given to me. And it all makes sense. First, psalm 62 was given to me and then in my year 1, so much struggle with so many things. And then year 2, God said "I'm training you". Okay. But, all this while, I've forgotten that there is Psalm 62 to really hang on to. It's given to me. Psalm 62 has been personalised. I must remember that.

Worship at Daya Gospel Centre was nostalgic - almost like how it used to be in Life Chapel. But, the people there were awesome. Something that big churches like Life Chapel totally lack. The people there were so extremely warm. So many people came up to us and at almost every one time, all three of us will be talking to different people who came and approached us. So happy. Many things about DGC was good but one thing struck me. When Nicholas stood up to give thanks for the cup, I was amazed at how he prayed. He looked like this teenager, even dressed like one. I was already amazed that a teenager would pray before the passing around of the cup. But his prayer showed that this is a really mature teenager. Then David pointed out he prayed with a cap on. Then I went "Oh yah!" How dare he. And why didn't the church people say anything? Then, turns out that Nicholas just graduated and has already started working and he has his cap on because he had stitches on his head. Ohh…. Shouldn't have "judged" him even before I knew him.

Then it was Secret Recipe for lunch!!! That's where we celebrated Radika's 21st birthday!!! YAY!!!!

Then, let me tell you of our crossing road incident. We had to cross a not-very-busy-highway. So roughly about 3 lanes. The three of us got on our marks. When we judged it was safe to cross the road, we dashed across. Thinking all the time "I better not fall here or else I'd die!" It was so funny. Especially when you've been in Singapore where they have pedestrian crossings and where pedestrians cross slowly! Haha. AND then, we ran for the bus. Then, when we got onto the bus, everyone looked at us. Feeling rather strange that they looked at us like that, we concluded that it is because we ran for the bus. In Malaysia, no one runs for the bus because u can stop a bus even at a non-bus stop area (I think!). And people normally walk. Not run. Haha…so it was rather funny.

Got back and before I could hit the bed, my sister sent me a worrying msg. Finally a good reason to go and get calling card. So, walked out to 7-11 and got a card. Called her to be answered by a crying sister. I wished so terribly that I was there for her. And I missed her so much!!! I'll be back soon!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home