Monday, September 04, 2006

Ah.....precious

I was back in KL for less than 24 hours but every minute spent was definitely precious! I know it sounds completely silly to travel so many hours just to be back home for less than 24 hours. But, you’ve got to know why I went home. They are simple reasons – One, I miss home terribly. Two, Uncle Jit Seng is sick and I want to see him (and his family!).

I was procrastinating of going home because travelling is very tiring. Yes, I know it’s just a matter of sitting in the car/bus/train for a few hours, doing mainly nothing but sleeping. But, yes, travelling is still very tiring! But, praise be to God because He knows what is deep in my heart. It’s going to be pretty embarrassing to talk about it here but for the glory of God, I will.

I think it started about March/April this year. I began to hear God saying to me how much He loves other people. For example, God put in my heart, one day, to buy a gift for Danielle. When I obeyed that prompting, I realised that Danielle’s birthday was the exact next day! I went to God and ask WHY such a prompting. Of course there were a few reasons but one of them was this: He wants me to tell Danielle how much she is loved by God. Ever since that incident, I’ve been getting that quite a bit. Do this for this person because I want that person to know he/she is loved. Hmm…it got pretty exciting because it shows me that God is not only using me but I am beginning to be so much more sensitive to His prompting and a little quicker and more willing to obey. Then, about a week or so ago, I started complaining : “God, why haven’t You loved me deep enough to have other people tell me that YOU love me?!!!” Okay, maybe not complain but a silent wish – wishing for people to tell me that God wants me to know HE loves me. Petty I know. But yes, that was the way I was feeling.

Then, this whole desire of going back home to KL came but I was lazy. But, God knows me so much better than I know myself. I told myself, I can last here for another 3 more weeks before I go back during the holidays but God knows I need that refreshing time back home with family and friends! So, He sent Jie Yao to KL and HE prompts Jie Yao to ask me whether I want to go to KL with him and his family. And honestly la, I felt so silly and terrible for feeling that God didn’t love me as much as HE loved my other friends. God is so gracious!!

So, what happened at home? I surprised my whole family by going back because they definitely didn’t expect me to be home. It’s fun surprising people you love!!! Had dinner with my family and then we went over to my uncle’s place and oh my goodness, my cousin is so adorable! 7 months old now and gosh, super cute! Had durian feast with my aunt! It’s like a ritual. Hah! Got home and spend a few precious hours just having heart-to-heart talks with my parents. Gosh, I love them so much! And I thank God everyday for the parents I have. And through our talk, I am reminded again, why God sent me to Singapore – not that I have forgotten but I guess, my parents reminded of information that I have known but dismissed.

Sunday I surprised everyone in church by being present. The best was Joshua’s reaction. He stood at the steps, looking totally shocked when he saw me. And it was pleasant! I KNEW he’d be pleasantly surprised! Then, the reunion of everyone! Shelby and Li Yee was around. Grace is back from India for good. It would have been perfect reunion had Sam and Chris been there. Ah! Nonetheless, it was good, though short. Oh how much I missed you guys so much. I hope you all felt it when I hugged you so hard! Haha. Dearly dearly missed!!!

I am so superbly thankful to Jie Yao and his family for giving me a ride. Ya.

And I’m so pleasantly surprised to see a gift and note on my table when I arrived in Singapore. Thanks dear! I’ve never stopped thanking God for you! You are so precious.

I should sleep early. Yes. I’d try to pen all this down. I need a longer, more coherent, nothing-hidden entry!! But, thank you God for being so good…..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home