Sunday, August 13, 2006

Stories...

I just put shampoo onto my body!!! I am extremely amazed at how blur I can be at times. I nicely “soaped” myself with shampoo la! I didn’t realise it until, routinely, I had to soap myself with shower gel. OH gosh! What was I doing? Does anyone make that same mistake in the showers? And then, I had to take a look at how I look today and guess what? Totally ghotic! My dark eye rings are as big as a twenty or fifty cent coin! Die la like that!

Should I attempt at a more serious post? Ahh, seriousness takes too much effort.

A few weeks ago when I learned that Sheila Majid was going to be performing her “Lagenda” concert in Singapore, I was extremely delighted. No funny kind of image. Got married and build family. Though popular and successful, she portrayed to me a woman who knows what she wants and never loses sight of it. I mean, how many musicians/artists you know these days give up building family for the sake of career? But, she knows family is important, she builds that. Come on la, she features her kids in her mtv, advertisement. Her apprentice, Amy Mastura, is like that too. I love these women! How apt it is that I read this today:

"Many leaders in our homes, corporations, and churches are more concerned with their goals than with their offspring."

It's always good to see there are people who do not fall into this sad category. Now that I’ve justified why I was so delighted to know that Sheila Majid is coming to Singapore, I can go ahead to now tell you that I was super disappointed that I missed the concert. No, I didn’t even get the tickets. I had in mind to ask David to go along. How else to enjoy a concert if not to bring a fellow friend who enjoys and appreciate music as much rite? Aih. I forgot to ask him and he’s now back in KL. Aih. Nvm la. I hope to one day catch Sheila Majid in concert.

Oh….let me tell you how excited I am that this new semester is starting.

My core modules are: Phonetics & Phonology ; Literary Stylistics ; Critical Discourse Analysis ; Semantics & Pragmatics. How does it sound to you? Phonetics & Phonology sounds totally boring rite? Yeah. Adrian says that Literary Stylistics and CDA is interesting. It sounds interesting too. I look forward to it. I don’t think Semantics & Pragmatics would be as boring as Phonetics & Phonology but also not as interesting as Literary Stylistics and CDA. But you know, I’ve never been more excited about my English modules than this semester la.

Then, there’s that one more module that I need to take. You’ve read about my very exciting experience about choosing that module here. Let me put that whole experience in more coherent way. So, on Tuesday, I got very panicky over module bidding mainly because there was no interesting module to take and I had no company to take interesting modules with. God then calmed me down and promised He will provide. So I had nothing to worry about. Within the next 30 minutes, Ade came online and after talking to her a little, she and I agreed to take a module together. And it’s super duper interesting la. It’s called introduction to media writing and it teaches us how to write when in different media setting. It’s so cool la. It’s been something that I’ve been interested in such a looooong time. The best part is this, I didn’t even knew this module existed. And this whole idea of writing came became a passion a long time ago but during the holidays, God showed me how I can improve my writing skills. So, it’s amazing! At that time, I really believed that God was the one who planted this desire, then the desire to improve my writing, then sending Ade to introduce this module to me. And I was so happy that neither the exams nor timetable clashed with any of my core modules! So, round 1C came and I was so elated when I typed my matric number and password, thinking “Sure can get the module la. God given what” But, when I wanted to bid, to my greatest disappointment, there were only TWO vacancies! Why would anyone be so dumb to give out only 2 vacancies? Oh my gosh. And the next min bid was waaay above all that I can offer. So, I knew for sure that I definitely cannot bid for that module. Devastated and panicky, I didn’t sit still and ask God but instead went ahead inquiring of more modules and even contemplating modules that I weren’t interested in. I can manage, it was a little interesting but I knew that Introduction to media writing was just perfect for me! Got my contingency plan out and prayed even harder! “Lord, I believed that you were behind my finding out of that media module. Why is this now happening? Lord, what shall I do now? Drop that module and bid for others that I’m not sooo interested in? Or what? How Lord?” Then God impressed upon my heart to wait for the next round. I shouldn’t do anything this round. Don’t give up yet. So, although I had my contingency plan, I didn’t execute it. I thought, okay, God said wait. So, wait I shall! A few days later, round 2A started and when I logged in, I was so happy to see that there were 6 vacancies opened and 11 bidders….hmmm, I felt I shouldn’t bid first, since close bidding only starts 3 days later. So, I waited till the last day and prayed even harder that I will be able to get that module, if God’s will is for that! 10th August 2006 came and I almost forgot to log in to CORS to bid. 10 minutes before close bidding started, I manage to log in and saw that the number of bidders have dropped to 9. okay cool! And the next min bid was 1660. I have 2403 in my programme account. Means I have a high chance of getting the module! At the end of it, not only I got it, Ade got it too!!!!! Wah, so happy la!!!

Thank You Lord!! thank You Lord!!!

I had a good time just catching up with Jeremy today. It’s been a while since we’ve sat down and have a good chat! Maybe the last time we sat down and talked about ourselves was about one year ago. Many times when we sit down, we’d talk about others more than we’d talk about ourselves. So, sitting down today and just talking was a very very good thing! We both then headed down to Suntec to meet ronglong and again, I offered fashion advice to Jeremy when he was buying shoes. Ronglong and I then headed to McD for ice-cream. But, alas, no ice-cream!! Then, it was time to meet my aunt and he had to go home. So, we sort of parted. I was a little afraid that after all the things that were said on Thursday, that somehow, it will all backfire on us and the relationship turns even more sour. But, I was glad that today, as we met up, talked rubbish, shared, laughed, and all that, it was back to where it was before any conflicts started, when it was all goody! Hopefully, slowly it will turn better than it was before even!! Yeah!! I’ve been thru reconciliations before to know that relationships can turn very much better than it was before. I’m just hoping for the best this time round! Yeap! God, be in this friendship!!

Okay. Long post. How was my attempt at a serious post? Hehe….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home