Saturday, August 05, 2006

Festival of Praise 2006

I came back about 50 minutes ago from Festival of Praise 2006, this time featuring Don Moen and CCC. Those who were at my grandma’s wake would know how much I love Don Moen and how much his songs really played a part in my life. But, if you weren’t there, now you know.

Maybe about 2 years ago, me and David were at a shop and we saw Don Moen’s CD and he was planning to have a concert. I’m not a big fan of concerts (esp those standing ones) and also no money to pay for the concert, I didn’t go for the concert. So, hearing that Don Moen will feature in Festival of Praise 2006 was like a MUST GO for me!! I’m glad I went.

Oh my…first thing, Don Moen is such a good looking old man la!!! He’s clean cut, charming, and just splendid. Mind my physical-critical mind.

He played the piano and the violin. Wooooo….so nice!!! I don’t know whether to attribute it to Don Moen or to the committee of FOP for the fact that Don Moen played on a Steinway Grand Piano!!! Woah!!! FOP 2005 didn’t have a grand piano (it featured Hillsongs and Delirious?). So, when I walked into the Singapore Indoor Stadium and sat down and saw the grand piano, I Ooooo-ed. “That’s a Grand Piano!!” So, of course my very curious mind wondered what Piano it is. So when the camera went near enough to point out that it’s truly the world’s best grand piano maker “branded” piano, I was smiling from ear to ear. And for a slight moment, I wanted to get my hands on it! Haha…

CCC (Christian Church Band) was way too loud for me. That added to me being extra delighted when Don Moen took over the worship leading. Of course, Don Moen has been worship leading for so many years hence knowing the ropes of it better! He’s an awesome worship leader la…

Don Moen and his team were wonderful. The supporting vocalist had superb voice! Oh my. I was thinking, “Man, if she were competing in American Idol, she’d have won!” And the rest of the team of musician were awesome but of course, I noticed the drummer more than the rest. Haha….

All in all, worth the queuing up for ONE hour under blazing hot sun!!! Oh my. It was so hot that Dr. Caleb Ho came up to us and told us to go down where they all are because they are under the shade there. When the rest arrived, they too ask us to go down to where they were. But Fun and Hui Yue didn’t want to. Probably thinking, we’ve been queuing up for so long already la. Haha…I don’t know. But I’m glad we didn’t give up our space because we got really good seats!!!!! Although in the beginning we weren’t too sure whether we’d get to sit together, but in the end we did. I asked the usher whether is it okay to book seats for friends. He said okay. So, we spread ourselves out…booking about 30 seats. Really thank God for the seats…haha….

So, if you ask me if I had a good time there at FOP, I’d say I struggled to worship in the beginning when CCC was leading but had an awesome time worshipping God when Don Moen took over. The sermon was strange for me. But to be honest too, I was kinda sleepy. Haha…..so, I didn’t give my full attention. Eeks.

Oh praise God for MUSIC man!!! Music plays such a big part in me life…..Thank God for music!!!

Upon recommendation from Chris and Shelbs, I'm going to watch Lake House tmr. I hope it's good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home