Monday, July 31, 2006

Oh my goodness!!!!

I'm so excited right now!

I was just browsing through a photo gallery that my friend posted and as I was just looking at the pictures, I thought not of that friend but of JOSHUA. Yes!! Joshua. I don't know...the buildings, the lights, the sceneries, the painted glass, the everything....and THEN, the ultimate!! I saw a picture that has a banner that has the word that makes up Joshua's email! Oh my gosh!!! I miss Joshua! (not that I don't miss everyone else too...but there are just days that you miss specific people. So, today just seem to be Joshua's day.)

I don't normally use the toilet upstairs mainly because my room is downstairs and so it's so much more convenient to use the toilet downstairs. ya. But today, the Monday GC here. So, I went upstairs to use the toilet since the girls' toilet is upstairs and the guys toilet is downstairs. And then, I squeezed some soap onto my hand so that I can wash my feet. The aroma was so strong - the soap I mean. And I was brought back in time 2 years ago. It was the exact same aroma of soap that I first use on the first day I arrived in Singapore!!! Exact same smell! And then, all the memories came flashing by my head. Oh gosh! I could almost see myself crying in the toilet - well, that was what I did on my first day here in Singapore! Oh my....all the memories and then all of a sudden, I really felt like crying. I really miss having my mother here with me. Oh my!!

Was very tired this afternoon from standing at Matric Booth the whole morning and talking to people and at the same time, feeling so hungry that I thought I was going to faint anytime. Hence I tried sitting down everytime the booth area seemed empty. But now, I'm so energised la. With the aroma still in my hand, I cannot but still think of home....

I need to write to Weng Yan!

1 Comments:

At 5:26 pm , Blogger imissw said...

haha. re: the soap incident, i can totally relate to you. it's wonderful how a smell can trigger memories and transport you back in time. i blogged bout it once many moons ago.

til today, i still avoid a certain perfume cuz the memories too bittersweet! ;-P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home