Friday, July 28, 2006

Ahh....

The pot luck tonight held for the Americans is just over – ending, delightly, with the Americans trying our very much favourite tropical fruit – DURIAN! Putting my photography skills to good use, I took some pictures that really captured each emotions well – if only, I had a better camera! Anyhow, it’s good la. There was just an overload of food and Karen went on and on about how I shouldn’t eat so much and that I should lose more weight – even on my first serving! So, that was superbly strange and even Danielle and Petra looked at me strangely – more like, pitifully.

Anyhow, it was a good time spent today.

Since I was at our exco retreat yesterday and a few things happened, I felt I needed to talk to Lilian. So, I spent quite some time today just talking to her about some of the things that has been happening to me and some of the revelations I had about myself at yesterday’s exco retreat. Ya. So, it was good being able to chat and talk with Lilian. You know, having a mentor is not like the most natural thing for me especially, approaching her to talk about stuffs concerning me. So, I have never taken any initiative steps to meet her. Most of the time, she tells me when she wants to meet me, which I realise isn’t the best because I realise that I still keep A LOT of things to myself and even at my most desperate times, I won’t initiate. Slowly, I’m learning to approach people more and that there is nothing wrong in doing that. So, today we spoke and she ended by saying “if there’s anything, next time, let me know so that things don’t get piled up” which is true because we spoke from about 1130 till 1530 – many hours eh? Ya…I also thank God for allowing Danz and Petz to go with Bernard to Ice-skate. If not, I won’t be able to have a 4 hour chat with Lilian. Hehe…much needed intercession!

Hands are experiencing skin peeling! Probably due to much exposure to water – washing dishes and all that. Ya. Oh my, the pot luck was awesome because people came and make special dishes, which was awesome! Do you know you can make awesome cheese cake without using cheese??? It’s superb! I must get the recipe from Dave!

And I must say this: Geoff is the friendliest of all and he is so jolly!! People should really learn to be more like him! He brings joy!! Dave is superbly funny! And Tim follows along to be funny. I tell u!

All the summer mission team people HAVE to try at least one piece of durian. So, each person were called out to eat.
Then, Lilian comes in and offers a ride to the mrt.
Lilian: Does anyone need a ride to the mrt?
Dave: Yeah, I think we do. (So, he brings Tim along and they both walk out of the house and the rest of us just watch them REALLY leaving the house).

Okay…it might not seem so funny here but I tell u, it was so funny when we were there and we watch them do it.

My husband should have the jolliness of Geoff and the funniness of Dave. Man, my life would be so FUN!!!! Haha….

Anyways……

And you know, I kinda miss Edgar. Funniest thing would be that he’s gone to Genting Highlands for a family trip that will probably last only for a few days. So, what’s there to miss rite? Ya…but I do!

2 Comments:

At 4:49 pm , Blogger AntiDoTe said...

wake up wake up. Wrong le, that's not what Dave said.

Should send you the video clip...

 
At 6:04 pm , Blogger -- J e e L e e -- said...

Oh my!! Thanks for the video! I must keep the video! It's SOOO Funny!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home