Saturday, August 12, 2006

KAU-lah segalanya untukku!

Okay…updates!

Singapore celebrated her 41st National Day on Tuesday. The NUS Navigators held a picnic at Marina South. Each GC (like a cell group) had to prepare food for the event. I called my mother a few days ago to get some idea of what might be easy, not too time consuming to prepare for, malay dish. I thought of making rendang, either beef or chicken, but I knew that cooking time for that dish is quite long. So, mother suggested I make Ayam Masak Merah. She passed me the recipe, and gave me the instructions. And oh well, I’m like my mother, I make people guinea pigs who gets to try my first hand on a particular dish. And in anycase, it always turns out good. I’ve got my mother’s gift of cooking! Haha….So, Ayam Masak Merah looked extra red but not spicy at all. One of the problems my mother and I have when cooking a spicy dish is that we must always bear in mind not to cook something too spicy because if we go according to our taste buds, a spicy dish (for us) might turn out to be too spicy for some others. So, bearing in mind that, I made it not spicy at all – all that was there, was the redness. I mean, it’s not called Ayam masak merah for nothing right? Haha..

Ahhh….cooking brings me joy! Especially when you know people enjoyed it. Yeap.

And oh, I so need a novel or something. I wished I brought back my novels. But oh well, I’ll make do with what I have now. Superman prequels comic books (which I’ve already finished) and a book by John Bevere entitled Bait of Satan. Hmm…I need a John Grisham or an Anne Tyler with me. ahh…..oh well.

Maybe I should start hunting for Ruth Sahanaya’s albums. She rocks la! Times like this call for a boyfriend!!! Hahaha…kidding!!!!

Lectures will start in the coming week. On one hand, I can’t wait to go for classes and meet people and see what interesting things come out of a semester. On the other hand, I hate routines! And I’m taking 2 ELang modules which are erm, a little dry and boring. It’s something that I want to get out of a university education. If not, why major in English?! But, it’s so boring, I can fall asleep. Well, lets hope that somehow, lecturers will turn these boring subjects to something super interesting! Yay!

Lord, there’s just so much sin in me, and I’m so weak. I need You so much!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home