Thursday, August 04, 2005

Blogging....

I started blogging not too long ago. Probably only one year ago...or less. And I remember how it happened. I was reading JunYi's blog and remembered that a few years ago, i started a blog but never maintained it and therefore, deleted it. And so, i decided to re-start one. David was the one who brought up to me to re-start one again. I didn't feel it was necessary but can be quite fun at times...so, Hmmm?? to start a new blog or not?? but, because i'm in Singapore and i had the habit of writing personal mails to friends back in KL to update them of how i am and what i have been up to, i thought it would save more time if i blogged bout my days and they can easily access my blog and know what i've been up to. Of course, i've not neglected writing mails to them as well.....(at least, i hope my friends don't feel neglected la)

Well, but my blog has been so accessible to so many people and it kinda scared me that so many ppl read my blog without me knowing. And because i'm quite open in my blog, now it starts to frighten me that i need to be careful of what i say in my blog because people reads my blog and i don't know what they know and what they do not know. But now, it not only frightens me,i get a bit irritated as well. Because, like it or not, my life surrounds people and when i blog, i will definitely mention ppl's name but at the same time, i do not want to offend people or make them feel whatever. So, it can be pretty tough. I don't like it leh. I wanna blog and be truthful....But, i have to keep in mind who is reading my blog and often, i feel so obliged to not mention anything that mite affect how people feel when they read my blog.

Ahh....for old bloggers, how u overcome that?

REPORT for the pass 2 days.

I've been pretty blur these 2 days. I think people like Karina, HuiYue and Noel knows....hahaha
On Tuesday, i only had 3 hours of sleep...Slept at 3 and woke up at 6:30 to have QT. And bout 8 plus or 9am, i wanted to go back to sleep when i got an sms from JieYao saying that there's a National Day outreach planning meeting. And it says "see you there." what you mean "see you there?" Am i suppose to be there? Did you send the msg to the wrong person? So, i called JieYao and he said that i was suppose to be there la... So, opps...ok. I'll go. I forgot all about it. If JieYao had not sms me, i'll completely forget about it.
And on wednesday, something similar happened. I was suppose to go to school to clear the Nav store with HuiYue and Karina but i decided not to go coz i was tired la. So, i read at home...bidded for modules....and den at 3pm, i decided to go to bed. So, i went up and read for a while and den dozed off....I wasn't completely asleep when i heard a knock on my door and i woke up and saw PeiYun (my housemate) and she said "someone is here. I think it's Noel." I went "huh? What's Noel doing here?" So, i walked down and saw Noel standing there and so i asked him , "Yes, anything?" And then i think from my blur face, he could tell that i was sleeping. So, he apologized for waking me up. Anyway, he was wondering whether i was at the nav store anot. but, somehow he decided to come over to see. Den, he decided to call HuiYue and ask her whether she's still in the nav store and whether she needs help anot. But HuiYue didn't pick up the phone and Noel said "hmm, why isn't HuiYue picking up her phone? Oh, i know why. There's suppose to be a meeting right?" OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I COMPLETELY forgotten about the exco meeting!!! I was suppose to be at the meeting to discuss about the Freshman Welcome Party. Oh no!!! And, it was suppose to start at 3 and at 3:30 i was still at home. Bleah!! So, i rushed up to my room, took my bag and ran down and Noel said,"ok lets go. I'll drive u to school." Oh man! Thank God Noel was there. If not, it wouldn't even occur to me that i was suppose to be at a meeting.

So, i reached YIH late.....was late for the meeting.They started the meeting edi. I just sat in and was feeling horrible for being late and for being so blur. How can i forget there's a meeting?!! How can i be so blur. Yeah, i was tired but i don't have a goldfish memory! I remember almost everything leh!! And for something so important, how can i forget??!! ARRRGGHHH....I know none of the exco members hold it against me but i was irritated at myself. I hate being late for meetings and summore as a vp, i'm late!! DARRNNNN.....So, i sat in the meeting still not believing that i forgot about the meeting. And i was quiet. I guess, everyone was pretty suprised at my quietness. I barely said anything. Until they ask who wants to do testimonial. So, they asked me and i said "ok!". I guess, a few reasons lor. (1) i was irritated that i was late (2) they seem to be discussing well over the things that needs to be done and i have no opinion and so i shut up la. Whatever the head says and if the rest agrees, i'll follow lor. I trust that these people know what they are doing and only if i have something to add, then i would lor. But, yesterday even though some thoughts did come to mind, i just suddenly felt like no need to say anything lor. So, i kept quiet.

Anyway, after the meeting...we had dinner. I was still so blur. I ate nasi briyani and i took TWO forks....AIYO!!!! Blurness man!!!

Me, PeiFern and Feli went and did the planning of the games for the national day event and den, we had the prayer meeting. Hmm....Guess who i saw? Shireen Kan!!! Edgar brought her. And as i looked at her, she looks really REALLY familiar. I was thinking hard as to who she is and den i overheard her introducing herself to other people and i caught her name "Shireen". That's it!! If its the person i think she is, she'd be Shireen Kan!! Wow.....She and me have lost contact for more than 12 years....We were childhood friends....neighbours.....until she left the neighbourhood that we lived in. We used to stay in the same lane....She stays at one end and i stay at the other end. As a kid, i would cycle to her house and we would play at her house or even go to the playground together, do things together, go for their beauty competitions together...Shireen, me and Shireen's sister, Jessica. Wow.....And after she moved, we didn't keep in touch liao. I mean, as kids, where la we know what it means to keep in touch. So, we didnt. And now to see her again after 12 years and in a foreign land. WOW!!!! Thank God and it's so interesting. I wonder what God has in mind.... hehehehehe......

I didn't dare to approach her and ask her for her name. But, as we were sitting down as prayer meeting starts, Edgar introduced us as we were all from KL. So, Shireen's friend intro herself first.
Ivy : Hie, i'm Ivy.
Me: Hie, I'm JeeLee.

then, Shireen's turn.

Shireen : Hie, I'm Shireen
Me : Hie. Shireen Kan??
Shireen : YEAH!!!! *smile*
Me : You remember me anot?
Shireen: YEAHHH......ur name sound so familiar....

and for those who know me, you know i'll do the "AAAHHH....screaming thingy...." and how are u? wah...so long nv see edi.....

Edgar and Ivy looked at us, stunned. Donno what just happened. "you two know each other wan ar?" den we explained that, we were neighbours last time....but nv mentioned much la...But, cool rite????

wah......LOOONG time liao lor....

Met YuYan on my way back....Girl, it's so nice to see you again!!!! Really good!!! And thanks for those goodie bags yeah!!!! Hahahaha......


2 Comments:

At 9:55 am , Blogger Su said...

I know exactly how you feel about the privacy thing while blogging and having to be careful. Haven't really figured out a right way to get around it yet though, short of starting a new blog. If I do I'll you know!

 
At 12:05 am , Blogger AntiDoTe said...

great mind thinks alike...? or u say the same thing after reading my blog? :P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home