Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Best Day ever!

Well, it might not be the best day ever but A VERY VERY VERY great thing happened today! And i will tell u!!! I can't hide it. It's killing me.

Ok...first of all, It has been a very tiring day...at least the first half of the day...I came back yesterday and went straight for "matric training" and the whole day, i was there...plus, spiritual and emotional stuffs really is quite tiring. So, i was pretty tired...But, since Tek needs help to shift his house, i tot ok la...should go and help. Since Tek has been a tremendously good and nice brother to me, it's the least i can do. And well, yeah...he was very considerate....saying, go home la, ur leg lidat!! But, nope...I'm gonna help and that's gonna be that!!! So, ended up going back only at 1am. Yes, LOONG day but i'm sorry tek, for leaving earlier...and not helping u till the end. Was having a bad headache oso. I think, the lack of sleep lor...SQUAT!

Anyway, yes....today was dead tiring! Waking up at 7 plus am is REALLY almost impossible. Oh by the way, i slept wit ang mo. Ok, yes, it's not such a big deal since i do have a close friend who's an ang mo. Hahah....name's Karina and she's American. Here for mission.....cool eh? If tonite i cannot sleep, i'll just look at her. It's a privilege to have a leng lui in ur bed....Oh man, i just realise how that sentense makes me sound like a ham sap poh...hahaha....

So...today, Lee Tat shared about evangelism...and yes, i was falling asleep....SORRY. But, i was awake most of the time...i took notes!!! Important things that we gotta know yeah??!! Hehehe....One thing that really amazes me about Lee Tat is his love and passion for the lost souls....REALLY!!! Lee Tat's taking over Bernard's position as head staff of the NUS Navigators, basically the CEO. Hahaha.....So, after teaching us, he demo-ed how to use the bridge illustration to evangelise....and gave us an hour to go and do practical...meaning, do street evangelism (which was REALLY scary esp when i am more than half asleep)....I partnered Beverly. Yay!! Partnering her is like having an armor. She makes me feel safe. haha....But yes! It was like the first time i did street-e when i'm in Singapore.

So.....we prayed as we walk...asking the Lord to prepare our hearts as we both were a bit scared and jittery....So, yucks la...and i personally was not really up to it. I felt like asking Beverly to do all the talking and all i will do is just pray for her. I even had a lazy pray in mind...just pray and talk and donnit to listen wan...But...as she was praying, i felt i should really take this opportunity to evangelise...so, as we prayed, i prayed for myself...for me soul....so that i will be up for it....Prepare my heart, O Lord.

So...we walked to the canteen...and continue to pray....den, i saw this girl....thought of her but i told myself not to say anything until Bev says something. So, i shut up. hehe...continue praying and den suddenly bev ask me, wat about that girl? I shrugged and said, "hmm...let's pray and ask God." So, yes...that was what we did...we prayed and ask God to show us the person whom He wants us to speak to and who He wants us to bring to Christ!! And we pray for God to give us a confirmation, we prayed that if it is her, let us have a calm spirit. And 5 seconds later, Bev turn to me and ask "wanna go?" and i felt that same calm spirit as she did, I look at her and smiled and said "YES"...so, we walked over to where the girl was seating...and we saw HuiLi and Julia considering her. And me and bev went "ooohhh....they are considering her. hmm..." At that time, we felt...sad?? Coz we felt that God showed her to us and so for God to show her to them oso, quite sad lor....U mean, God dowan to use us? hehe....But, HuiLi and Julia left...so, YAY!!! ( After talking to HuiLi at dinner, she told me that they thought she was malay. So, that's why they didn't approach her).

So, we went to her...she looked at us like we're some weird strangers....(come to think of it, yeah...we are strangers and we are a bit weird la...to approach strangers) So, justified! It's alrite. But, so...talk to her....asked her whether she was interested to know about Christianity and she gave us the normal standard answer "No time". But, because Beverly and me are super thick skin, we sat down and started to talk nonsense...it was so much of a nonsense that i can't even remembered what we spoke about...but believe me, it was nonsense!!! Things that u won't imagine ppl saying when doing evangelism. Den, Bev looked at me and wanted to hint for me to start, i gave her the i-dowan-because-i'm-scared-and-please-u-do-it look. And well, as nice as beverly is, yes, she started the ball rolling but guess what?? she deviated SO much that she went on and on asking the girl about body decomposing. I mean, HELLO??? I couldn't see the connection except that beverly wanted to get the girl to think about death and where she would be after death. And since the girl was from Life Science fac, she would be interested to talk about it?! Haha....and so, since that didn't REALLY work, my dear beverly decided to talk about War of the Worlds and about aliens breaking into half( NOTE: with sound effect summore) and den, some stuffs about bacteria...oh man, i was in a total lost!!! Haha.... Ok...so, i prayed...Lord, please bring Beverly back to the topic and help her with her words....5 seconds later, she realise she has gone REAL far and came back....

so....we talked about Christ....used the Bridge method....even used newton's 3rd law which says " every action will cause equal opposite reaction"....squat rite??!! Haha...anyway, yes....even used such profound stuff in evangelism...quite cool rite? But, as Beverly was doing the talking, i prayed.....ask God to show us what is it that this girl need, what aspect of her life that needs God...what to "attack"...What about God do we have to offer?...and just asking God to give us the right word and taking away any hinderences....So, as i was praying i felt that she's very lonely and after all that beverly has shared, what i felt needs to be spoken to her was that our God is a God of Love!!! So, i open my mouth...(yeah, i stop being the passive one) and i told her about Christ, what He did....Death, burial and resurrection. And after she understood about that, we spoke more about love....what God has to offer....the awesomeness of having this relationship with the Lord...the fact that God loves us...His grace!!! His love!!! His mercy!!! And i think, it showed in our faces the awesomeness of the relationship that we have with the Lord!! And of course it wasn't easy because she had questions for us...and believe me, not easy questions. Questions like, "it's not that i dowan to receive Christ but if i do, i don't think i can stop sinning." so....tough things to explain rite? So, what else to do?? PRAY lor!!! And u know what....word just came out...word that even suprise me...answers to the question that suprised even myself. And as i share, i hear beverly agreeing with me all the way....(and, at dinner, she said she didn't know how to answer that question and was just asking God how to say the right things but just at that time, i said it!) Good eh?!! and well, i really really thank God for the words that He put into me mouth.....and wow!!!!

At the end, we asked her again, Do you want Jesus to build this bridge for u? Where on this bridge do you think you're at? She finally said, I think the bridge is fully built. We said "Oh, how do u know?" She said, "well, after hearing you two talk, i think it is fully built....and wow....so, i told bev to pray with her....pray sinners prayer....pray and accept Christ....pray to bless her...pray to make sure the devil doesn't take her away.....

At the end of it, i felt so..."WOW"....In the beginning, i was feeling lousy. As we were sharing, i just thought of being the passive one....i was lazy...i didn't want to try. And i even told myself, evangelism is JUST NOT MY GIFT. I cannot do it wan lar....I can do other things...but not evangelism....And here, the LORD is encouraging me with this!!! And as i speak to her about God is love, i myself felt ministered to....felt that God loves me too....felt assured again and again....

And yeah, Not only is this the first time i'm leading someone to accept Christ and to pray the sinners pray, throughout the whole process, i feel so blest!!! I feel so touched!! felt so loved...felt so cared for...the way God spoke to us to speak to the girl proved to me that God cares SO SO MUCH for the lost ones...i felt the anxieties that The LORD probably had...make sure we dont make mistake...make sure we "GET" her....i felt how much He loves her....and i felt how much He loves me.....How He is using this to encourage me!!! How He knows i long to bring someone to Christ and allows that to happen!!!! Oh man!!!! Thank You Lord!!!!!! Thank You for this HUGE privilege!!!!!! Thank You for knowing my needs and meeting every single one of them!!!!!

I love you Lord too......

:D

1 Comments:

At 9:47 pm , Blogger -- J e e L e e -- said...

U SQUAT!!!!

U say long (and yes it was REALLY LONG and it's because it's a memorable day mar.) but u never read until very far. I went back to me blog and see where i mention ang mo and where u stop. hello!! U were only at paragraph 2 lor!!!

And, i memang can never sleep looking at a person's face. and when i say i look at her face, meaning, if i cannot sleep...but if i can and will fall asleep, i'll sleep opposite direction of her. And yes i did!!!

squato lar u...and i saw ur comment on chris' blog. yeah...like...THANKS!!!!!

SQUATO.....

go read me comment on ur blog yeah...dat is if u havent read yet...u nv give acknowledgement tat u read edi..so, i donno...heheheh

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home