Monday, September 19, 2005

Encounter Weekend...

hmm.....I just came back from Encounter weekend not too long ago. I think i mentioned about it 2 posts ago.

I am amazed at how the Lord used the opportunity to speak to me. Friendship wasn't even in my mind at all...and life??!! Hahaha......First day edi we were asked to write our obituary. I donno why but i was so overwhelmed by that activity that i just couldn't write. So, i told the Lord : I want YOU to tell me what You want to tell me. (So demanding rite?) Because i can't think straight. My feelings are all over and I definitely do not want my feelings to take control of my head. So, Lord, please help!

Haha...i remember first question : She is survived by....

I answered : Great grandchildren, grandchildren, children. A testimony of faith that i WILL get married and have children. Haha.....I often dream of wanting such family but more often than not, also have difficulty in believing that i will even have a husband. How to believe I will have a family?! BUt, yes....i believe! And the other answer to the question was : Friends....Great, true friends.....!! :D

Anyway, when i was just praying and having a conversation with the Lord while everyone scribbles things onto their paper, the Lord reminded me of something.

the last question : She always hoped she would :

The Lord brought to mind (again) something that I've alwiz wanted when I die....Something that i kinda forgot....something really beautiful....Hah! No, if u're thinking of a beautiful funeral, it's not it! Hahah.....I say it's something beautiful because someone else told me it's beautiful. Haha, but i'm sure it'll be a beautiful sight. Hah! Anyway, the Lord brought to mind 2 things : Refer to Acts 7:55-56 " But, he (Stephen) being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God, and said, "Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the righ hand of God!" Yeap! And of course, to hear what i want God to say to me... "Welcome back, my beautiful and lovely and faithful Child! I love you! Thou art my good and faithful servant!!" Yeap! That's it! :D

It's not easy. It takes faith as well - even to say that.

As i was travelling back, Tek and I conversed....

Tek : So, did u encounter God during the weekend?
Me : I alwiz encounter God...(In my mind: I don't need an encounter weekend to encounter God wert! I know i sound proud but isn't that true?)
Tek : Good! So, what did God say?
Me : God said many things and He also brought up a few issues that i now gotta look into.

Ahh...yes. What those issues are, is for me to know and for u to ask....hahaha...opps, i mean, for me to know and for u to NOT ask... :D

But, i guess, the other thing that i can mention here is this : I really REALLY thank God for friends....

When Jing asked us all to write the friends we have, I was shocked to realise that I can only name a few. Come on, who doesn't know JeeLee is the noisiest person on the face of the earth and says hie to almost anyone. So, no friends?? hmmm..... I mean, seriously....I was shocked.

To name the few that i really really treasure was very few. To name the few that i reciprocates that feeling and sentiment is even MORE few!!! But, that same DAY, when i was feeling BLEAH about the whole friendship thing, God really made use of what happened.....

First of all, there was football.....okok, NOT football but football with a tennis ball. Thank God i didn't fall together with the ball...haha, if not, real funny. Haha...Anyway, my buddies would know how much i LLOOOVEEE football eh! So, it was great fun...it would have been even more fun IF i was not so tired and was all up and ready for a game of football and if ppl whom i was playing with was also so RAR RAR about football...hahah..Nonetheless, it was great great fun!!! But, then, because we kena 0-0, so we kena penalty kick. SIENZ....I never liked penalty kick. It's so NOT team work. It's so individual....But, since EVERYONE had to kick, i had no choice rite? Thank God, masuk! If not, i really donno where to hide my face....but, i think, i would just laugh it away..hahaah

Anyway, the sad thing that happened, was that i kinda sprained my ankle during the penalty kick. Aiyoh....But, i tot...small matter...just crack the ankle back ( you know, like the way i alwiz crack my wrist)..hehe....so, i did some funny thing to the ankle and den ok liao...can walk as usual liao..no problem and i was happy!

Den we had a few more other games and den we were asked to go back into our groups and den group leaders were asked to bring scissors....So, i oso happily walked back to the dorm to take the scissors la....I bend down to take the scissors...but clever me, DON'T even know how to stand, sprained my stupid ankle again!!! this time, it was so painful i couldn't even stand. I almost cried. Aaaaiiihhh.......Evan was in the room and she looked at me so strangely. "what happened to u?" Aiih....too painful liao. Cannot say anything. Got Gillian to pass the scissors to my group member and Julia came in to massage for me...Den, walk back out as usual. hehe....

Den, i wanted to go get a drink...so, gotta walk rite?A bit painful...so, i limped a bit...ONLY A BIT! but, RongLong saw. And he asked, What happened to u? I said...ermm.....sprained it just now. Den, Lee Tat was there too...he went and grab ice for me....hui yue grab cloth for me....ronglong wrapped for me...all along i kept telling them, NO NEEd....hahah...it's not so serious...it's just a sprain. I've lived with a sprained ankle all my life and really, it's alrite...i walk a bit more and den it's fine!! But, since they insisted, so i said ok. haha...weird eh! But, they were REALY REALLY very nice to me! I felt so blessed. I felt so....errmmm....loved! and cared for! RongLong even made a drink for me....While all the wrapping and all that, sakit wert rite...i made a bit of noise..hahah...den, aih.....i caught more attention! Man, i should have really just shut up!! Den Edgar came....aiyoh, once a medic comes, its torture for me liao....hahahah...WEll, but reallly!! I appreciate it!!! He came....went and look at first aid kid la....re-wrap my ankle la....plus had to stand with my smelly feet..(we played football bare footed wert) and coming back every 15 minutes and saying ok, time to re-wrap...i am trully very very very grateful!

But, i am really very thankful to God for allowing this thing to happen. If not, I probably wouldn't have felt better emotionally! :D

And now, i thank God because my ankle is SOO much better and it's suprising because it all happened in such a short time. And now, i can walk normally liao....okok, it still hurts a little. but, it's only a tiny wee bit...No real pain..i can walk normally liao! :D I think it's probably because my left ankle has alwiz been my stronger ankle...so, heal faster!

Anyway...nite time, yin ngai called. I was suprised. I asked her why she called. She said call to disturb. Aiyoh......friends like this ar, where to get? Seriously, call u out of the blue just to talk to u and to disturb u...I appreciate it. Altho never say anything but the act of calling alone is already so comforting. I know u've been thinking of me...hehehe....

I called wengyan after that...the ONE person who will understand what i mean when i say i feel lonely. The one person who will laugh at every single thing i say. the one person who will allow me to bully her and yet laugh. the one person who will bully me back knowing that i will not get angry. so yes, i bullied her...hahah...but more importantly, i called her to tell her that she's on top of my "friends" list!! Hehehe.....Yeah, Yanni! I love you and u know how much that means lar....hehehehe...And, if u're reading this, u GOT MY HINT RITE?? hahaha......I'm waiting.... :P

yeah....As i shared, Really...God as a friend meets all our needs....even physical needs... :D

And for that, I thank Him from the bottom of my heart!!! :D

And for those other issues...hmmmm.....think think think....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home