Friday, January 13, 2006

Women are like spaghetti, men are like waffles

Today was probably my first demoralising day of the entire semester. Well, technically, the semester had just begun on Monday. So, 5th day into the new semester and I am already demoralised! WOAH...

Child Language lecture was fun. My lecturer is so funny. Well, she looks really stern and scary and well, the way she designed the module and also the layout for the module seem to make her sound so freaky. I enjoyed every bit of the lecture until the test time. Yes, I had my first test of the semester today! First lecture already have a test. Well, it's a pre-requisite test. I don't know other module in NUS that has a pre-requisite test for the module. Well, it sucked! I didn't know how to do sooo many questions. And it's 10% of the entire 100 marks. And that's not little. I felt super duper demoralised! I almost cried after the paper. I don't normaly cry after an exam paper. The last time I felt so demoralised over an exam paper was my A levels - GP paper. Sad sad sad.

I tried not to be sad after that. But I couldn't help it. So, I thought who can I meet to cheer me up a little but I thought of instead of wasting time, I should go and zap my readings and so I did that. I spent two hours just in the photocopying room zapping my readings. Well, the good thing is that now i have all my readings except 2 (which I couldn't find) for the module. The bad thing was that I got more demoralised. I felt so sad to be doing this kind of mundane stuff alone. To top it all up, I was hungry and my legs was aching so badly.

I sms-ed Sarah to ask her whether she's free for lunch. She was already in Orchard. So, I left for home. Hungry and tired and demoralised. How great!
And as I walked home I wonder why it was such a hot day. I wished it rained. I wish it was cooler. Aih....

Still hungry when I reached home. Didn't eat because there was nothing much to eat and because I was trying to prepare for Bible Study for tonight's session as well. But I was feeling down and tired. So, I slept. Was suppose to wake up in time to prepare for BS but I slept until it was time to get up to go and see Pei Yun. I wanted to spend some time with her. She's got not much Christian contacts and I just want to spend some time with her. Plus, she makes me happy and smile all the time! :)

I was so happy to see her and meet up to talk! Half way through talking, my phone rang. And oh my goodness, it was him on the line. Aaaahhhh.......Nothing much was said or done but it was definitely something that lightened up my day. Actually, I asked myself earlier in the day who will be able to brightened up my day and I know the answer would be him. But, I didn't want to make it seem as if I was dependent on him. So, I didn't see him. But, somehow God intervened and he thought of me and called me. :)

Bible Study time was good! :)

I finally gave out the super belated Christmas cards to people....

The title of the post was something that Noel said. I wonder what on earth is that suppose to mean. Well, we got around teasing each other again - as we usually do. Haha...talk about loving each other eh! But, of course, nothing harsh la...

Nevertheless, I'm happy. Finally meeting up and talking....hehehe

Okay...I'm going off to bed now. And i'll start to plan what to do tomorrow. I hope it'll be good!

God is good no matter what!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home