Monday, April 17, 2006

Reminded

Back home for the Good Friday & Easter break. It’s different you know.

I was feeling lazy on Friday. Not getting enough rest and feeling tired for the past one month (at least) gave me enough reason to just stay back home and sleep. But, I was looking forward to meeting Weng Yan, Josh and Sam. We were suppose to have lunch together. Josh picked me up at 1135 and we rushed to the Curve for lunch. Got ourselves filled to the brim and not wanting to trouble Josh to send me home, I decided to go to Weng Yan’s house to do some school work – I had one more project to complete. It was fun studying together. It’s been so long since we studied together. (“,)

As I walked through the main door of the church hall, it felt nice to be home. As I sang, listened to scriptures being read, and prayed, I was overwhelmed by the love Jesus and our Father in Heaven have for me and my own sin that Jesus bore on the cross.

Sunday came and it was time for sunrise service! Which means that I need to get up by 0630.Got up late but wasn’t late for church. It’s really nice to go to church when the sun is not completely up yet. To get a glimpse of how it would be like for the women who went to the tomb where Jesus was laid and be so pleasantly surprised that He is no longer in the tomb.

As I sat in church and worshipped, the thought of “what if Jesus never rose from the dead” kept coming to mind and I could not think of a single good thing that might have happened. Instead, I would dread it - Living in a world without a living saviour.

Deny myself – I’m reminding myself that.

Matthew 6:33 is in my head too.

Thank You Lord for not allowing Satan to triumph in your death but rising in victory when You rose from the dead and for including me in your plan and in your heart. (“,)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home