Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I stand firm and proclaim "GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME"

Despite the happenings of the day, I still profess that God is good!

This morning, I woke up feeling as if there's something stuck in my eyes - well, the effect of not having enough rest. Felt super tired and lazy and reluctant to get up. But, I had to. So, I had my QT and suprisingly, the words tat stood out most was " finishing the race and completing the task" and "be on my guard". I felt that that was a warning for me. I felt, today won't be too good a day. So, be on my guard!

I have a presentation at 11am and was suppose to meet my group mates at 10am. I wanted to print out my notes for the presentation. Took my laptop out to be printed, and my comp died on me! It just wouldn't start. Funny blinking lights coming from my comp. My adapter was not detected. Oh no! How now?? Panic!!! A little frustrated. Me and Bev prayed. Nothing happened. I went and mandi. In the bathroom, i asked God, "Why is this happening" God reminded me of the times I prayed for God to "heal" my comp and He did. So, He said, He will too this time, just not now. Oh, so why not now?? I need to calm down. I need to be still. I need to be quiet. Physically maybe I am quiet - but not my heart and mind. So, I need to quieten down first. So, I did that - feeling God's assurance that He will "heal" my laptop. Time came to go for class. I told Bev "It's alrite. I think later should be ok". She then took out my battery (I did that earlier and it didnt work) and slot it in again and it worked!!! Thank You Lord.

So, that was lesson no.1

Then, I had lunch with Viggy. A long lunch I must say. :) Nonetheless, a great one! At the end of it, we were both sitting there proclaiming that God is awesome! And that really means something to me. And to see that God is drawing viggy to Himself and that He is working in Viggy - not giving up on him is really comforting for me. God loves viggy and will continue to work to bring him to Himself! :) It was a good time. God is truly awesome!

Went and helped Jane in her experiment! :) First time speaking to Jeremy's sister. :)

Then, I had to edit an essay that is due tmr. While editting, I felt so stupid. I felt I was stupid. I felt that my parents can no way be proud of me. Infact, i felt they would be embarrased of me. :( That was hard to take. Some incidents took place that cause this feeling but I shall not mention them here. I was trying to cling onto my identity in Christ and not let those things affect me but I was not holding tight enough. Finally, as I was walking home with Gloria, I cried. Embarrasing for me, because I was crying on my way back home. Meaning, all strangers that walked past me would have seen tears flowing down my cheeks. So malufying!!! But, as I told Gloria the way I felt and the happenings, I just couldn't hold back my tears. Came home and continue crying. Cry until eyes also all red edi. :( :( :( But, I know I've let my guards down. I recall what God said in the morning and I knew I have let my guard down. I have not ran well.... I must continue to keep my guards up!!! I'm sorry Lord...But, it was super gracious of God to bring Gloria, Beverly and Lilian to talk to me... :) :) :)

I spoke to David Bok. Malaysian Nav. I've heard about him and wanted to meet him. Lilian told me I could meet him today! Oh my!!! I was soooo happy!!! So, he came over and I spoke to him and he really educated me a lot about outreach to a particular group of people. :) :) :) And he brought a sense of urgency into me!!! Really!!!! And oh, of the many things he impressed me with, one thing was that he got my name spelt out right the FIRST TIME. No ONE!!! NO ONE!!!! has ever gotten it right at first try. Woah.

At the end of the day, God has really been very good. :) :)

And for those who don't know, my aunty, Jin Ai just gave birth to a baby girl...Sarah Yong is her name. She's 3.5 kg! Both mother and child are safe and healthy ( I guess, so is the father!)

1 Comments:

At 4:43 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jie....miss talking to u...i also agree wif u that GOD is good ALL the time...despite wat's happening around us....God is really good...we can c HIS hands moving n taking care of us through times of troubles....i think mom told u a lot rite...should b glad to know that we're not alone!! B strong sis!!n whenever u need a shoulder or an ear....u know i'm here!! Miss Yar...Take Care...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home