Tuesday, February 27, 2007

errr....what is this about?

I will blog. But, I don’t promise you an interesting one. And nope, it’s not titled Gary!

The viruses have found me. I look forward to 14 hours of sleep only to remember that I have 2 tests coming up and an assignment due. There goes my dream! I hate seeing doctors so I will just make do with vit. C and panadols and sleep!!

Everyone is asking how was CNY. It was nothing to be proud of because I spent most of my time studying! (yes, how boring can that be rite?) and just lazing at home with family members. I didn’t visit friends or family (except for my great grandmother) because I needed to prepare for tests and assignments and catch up on all the readings. And because my father is the first child in his family, I get the privilege of staying home and having all the aunties and uncles and cousins coming over. So, I don’t need to move! Hah! But, it was really cool because I liked it – spending CNY with close relatives where smiles are not fake and they don’t ask me questions like, how old am I? what am I doing? Where am I studying? What do I plan to do after I graduate? So, it was all fun and good. I know it isn’t a time for mugging but I had to – I’m waaay behind my work and there’s just no way I can catch up with work if I didn’t study during the hols.

So much for holidays.

Surprisingly, I got quite a lot of angpows. Haha. CNY is not all about ang pows. But really, I’m quite surprised! I stayed home most of the time, but ang pows came to me. Haha, which was really cool! But, make me feel quite bad la…my siblings had to endure all the fake smiles and the heat and the boredom and I do nothing but I still get the red packets. It’s a blessing to have siblings who understand my need to stay home. Ah…

Coming back to Singapore was quite tough this time round. Don’t know why. Maybe I spent too much time at home. Maybe there was too much happiness around. Maybe it was cny. (I am Chinese afterall!)

But, I am back here and thankfully, I have work to occupy me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home