Friday, January 26, 2007

Lord, thank You!!

Life is so full of pleasure isn’t it? And I’m brought back to the parable of the sower in Luke 8:4-15. And of course my mind went immediately to the seeds that fell on the thorns and it was chocked by the thorns. Jesus explained the parable and said that “the ones that fell among thorns are those who when they have heard, go out and are chocked with cares, riches, and pleasures of life, and bring no fruit to maturity.” Temptation has even begun even before I start work. For goodness sake, I’m still studying!

I guess the thought of graduation brings me to think about my dreams – what I want to build. And then I catch myself day-dreaming! And suddenly, where’s God in all this? What happened to ministry? What happened to discipleship? What happened to outreach? What happened to the desire of wanting to be a missionary? I catch myself off-guard.

Guard my heart O Lord….Jee Lee, don’t forget your commitments, your vows!!

On to other matters, I don’t want to graduate! I love studying – especially when you have such wonderful lecturers like Dr. Ooi. Only into my 3rd week of school but Dr.Ooi has made class so enjoyable that I don’t ever want to graduate from his class. And it is now that most of my previous EL lecturers are like friends and I’m leaving. Gosh. It’s sad. It’s difficult to foster such friendships with lecturers in NUS, given the fact that lecturers seldom take time to build friendships with students and vice versa. If I do my 4th year, I’d cry when I leave NUS.

The semester has already gone into it’s 3rd week and I’m still stuck with no one to reach out to now. Well, not totally none just that it’s like I’ve lost all motivation to reach out to ppl whom I’m not very in touch with anyway. So, I’ve just been thinking about it and praying that God may just get me started and going and bring people to me. And HE has!

Last week, I bumped into my old contact whom I’ve not kept in touch with. It was cool! I started thinking more about my other contact too. I’ve started to meet another girl more regularly. And today, a girl from a class came up to me and she basically told me 2 things. (1) She’s a Christian (2) We have a mutual friend. It would have been a normal thing but it wasn’t because this mutual friend we have is a girl I’ve been trying to reach out to. And I found out (from talking to my friend) that this girl (who approached me) is a close friend of our mutual friend and she’s a preachy girl too! Yay!! I see this as an answered prayer. A close friend is now coming into the picture. Wow. That’s exciting news for me. I’ve not told Ade yet. But Ade, if you read this before we meet, it’s good news!!!

And well, life is so exciting!!!! God is so good. Thank HIM really!!! REALLY!!!!


And here's a song that I'm singing:

You are God in heaven
And here am I on earth
So I'll let my words be few
Jesus, I am so in love with You

And I'll stand in awe of You, Jesus
Yes, I'll stand in awe of You
And I'll let my words be few
Jesus, I am so in love with You

The simplest of all love songs
I want to bring to You
So I'll let my words be few
Jesus, I am so in love with You

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home