Friday, February 09, 2007

His grace is sufficient...

The past week has been like a mild roller-coaster ride.

Monday and Tuesday were pretty good days. And then, the ride down the emo lane started. And it’s been hanging thereabouts since then. I’ve been trying hard to just keep up the good cheer, the joyful spirit and I think I still am joyful and happy but there are times when the down sides of life gets to me and I feel a little overwhelm and sad. I try to rely on God for joy and for hope, despite all the happenings. I’ve been reading Psalms a little bit more these days and just being reminded of how God has been there for David all the time is so comforting to me. Truly, 2 Cor 12:9 has been a great source of comfort to me throughout this week too – And HE said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

And there’s this song that goes:

It's all about You, Jesus
And all this is for You
For Your glory and your fame
It's not about me
As if You should do things my way
You alone are God
And I surrender to your ways

And I keep reminding myself that even though there are a lot of things which I wish happened my way, God is sovereign and He is in control. My life is not my own and all that happens is His and I pray that it may bring glory and fame to Him. It’s not about me.

Like today, I went for the MOE interview. As I was preparing for it, I was just asking God: “Lord, how honest should I be?” And it immediately seemed like a dumb question. So, I said “Okay, as honest as I should be!” next worry, “what if I don’t get the job?” answer: “Well, God decides where I should go…” oh yah. I forgot! So, I went to the interview, having the above song in my head, reminding myself that however I do in my interview, whether I get the job or not, is in God’s hands and whatever the outcome may be, God has deemed it to be so. And He is sovereign. Do I surrender to His will? Do I say “God, may Your will be done”? Do I say “It’s not about me but it’s all about YOU. It’s not for me but for your glory and fame”? I guess, at the end of the day, whatever happens, truly God has so desired it to be. And, yeah…I want to say it…I want God’s name to be glorified above mine. Please la…it’s my name we’re talking about. What is there to glory in? hah! But, God is good. Coz throughout the interview, I really was able to be as honest as I can. Although I spoke to someone else and she said “yeah, honest oso don’t need to put yourself down mar”…true, I didn’t put myself down. But I was honest lor…as honest as I can be…and I think, more than just getting the job, I want to glorify God’s name through it all…And today, as I was walking out of the house, I wished I had accompany. And guess what? When I reached MOE, I saw Xuanwan and Cheryl. Wow. God is really good!

That’s why throughout the emo roller-coaster ride, I can still smile and say “God is good” from the bottom of my heart. Not because circumstances are improving but because there’s that sense of peace, knowing that it is all in God’s hands. And that God will take care of everything. At the end of it all, I know that God’s name should be glorified, not my own. When my eyes see beyond myself and see how good God is, I am joyful!!


xxx


Here are just some pictures taken throughout the week:


Chocolate Brownie at Munchie Monkey in NUS. Event: Celebrating Janice's birthday. The first time in the semester where we gathered the whole group. :)


Campus Crusade's Valentine's Day concert entitled: Victim, Villain, Valentine. I didn't really feel up to it but went ahead in the end. :) It was okay la...nothing fantastic but praise God for the responses through the concert. :)


The delicious and super healthy cake Michelle baked for Janice!!!! :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home