Monday, April 02, 2007

vices

For our group project, we decided to research on food blogs, which in my opinion sets us for temptation. Food blog is quite an interesting field in the blogosphere. But, too much temptation for me! Haha.

The shopper side of me is trying to come out and it has successfully tempted me to go shopping. But, what is shopping without your kaki? Boring! I miss Joshua. Haha. You know why!

I miss having the luxury of time and a
car! The thing about shopping (not window shopping) is that if you can’t get something in one place, you’d want to hunt for it in another place. But, if you have no time or no car, you’d just have to wait for another day. And you know, it’s torture to have that urge in you but you can’t fulfil it! Argh.

Saturday I went out with my roommate and her classmate. It was okay. I thought since they wanted to shop, it’ll be okay. But, there were a few reasons why it wasn’t really an exciting shopping time. 1) They are of different socio-economic level – theirs higher, mine lower. Hah! 2) They were shopping for clothes, which wasn’t what I really wanted. If I shop for clothes, I’d need many hours. 2 hours is barely enough! So, I didn’t get to shop what I wanted. But, overall, it was okay. I didn’t hate it. Coz the company was good too. If I didn’t had such strong shopping urges, the experience would have been almost perfect. Haha.

Oh, I need to share this very hilarious thing with you! All my life I’ve nicknames given to me, but barely do people get my name wrong. I used to have a teacher who would rather call me by my nickname than my real name. Weird! I corrected her many times before but she still prefer that than my real name. BUT, anyway, my church elder has gotten my name wrong and I do not know how to correct him. He calls me Ginny/Jeannie. Argh! I’m still trying to figure out which one he thinks my name is. But, I don’t understand…so many people get my name right. Why can’t he? We’re even in the same bible study group. Funny la. I think everyone else in the bible study group knows that he gets my name wrong. I don’t know how to correct him. “Uncle Eric, my name is not Ginny. It’s Jee Lee” Like that ar? The thing is Ginny/Jeanie and Jee Lee sounds so similar. Sigh. Maybe I should just adopt the name Ginny. But it’s disgusting la. Ginny Lye Jee Lee. Wah Crap!!! That’s like Lily Lim Lee Lee. Bleah!!!!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home