Sunday, March 25, 2007

A few inspired things...

Blogging is such a funny domain. It's public and all we bloggers know that. So, we (knowingly or not) choose what to reveal in our blogs. So there's that sense of restriction. Yet at the same time, we blog to communicate our feelings, issues that bother us -almost like journaling in a diary, except that this is no secret! Don't bloggers find it an almost conflicting reasons to blog? It's really weird you know. Some people treat blogs like diaries. Some others make sure that their blogs do not reveal too much of themselves that they choose very carefully what to write about and how to write it. How much of the real person do we get from reading blogs?

Why all this critique of blogs suddenly? That's because I've just finished writing 2985 words on Malaysian female undergraduate blogs. It is the language and internet project that I was talking (or rather, complaining) about yesterday. Looking back at my previous post, i guess, I've finally reached 2985 words, and so my worry of not being able to reach 2.5k words was invalid. My word limit is 3k. I still have yet to write an Abstract. 3000-2985=15. I can't possible write 15 words for an Abstract. That can probably pass for a relatively short sentence. I have a very prolix writing style. One sentence for me can be as long as 55 words. I can break that down to 3 sentences. Why do I write in such an irritating way? I don't understand too. That is why there is a desperate need for editting! Everytime I write a sentence and i notice it is long, i must make sure I cut it down into 2-3 seperate sentences. Sigh.

This post is seemingly unmotivated.

I almost couldn't get up for church this morning. After switching off the alarm, I crawled back to my bed to get my 5 minutes delay. Of course, the 5 minutes became 20 minutes. Well, technically, I kept telling myself to get up but let's just say the flesh is weak. Whatever it is, I wasn't late for church today! So, yay! Church hall was quite full today coz the many missionaries around for the Emmaus Conference for the next 3 days! Saw Peter Ferry. The last time I saw Peter Ferry was many many years ago. He was Life Chapel's assembly camp speaker! And that camp marked my first appearance in the big congregation to share a testimony (or something like that). I almost wanted to get Peter Ferry to imitate the bird sounds that he could do!! You guys remember it don't you? But, I realised now that people ask me if i'm working already, which tells me that i don't look young enough to go up to an old man to ask him to do tricks with his hands for my amusement. So, I refrained myself of course. Hahah!!!

Sermon today was good. I really enjoyed worship in church today too. It never fail to amuse me how the church has a grand piano in the front of the hall but morning worship is done without any musical accompaniment. And so we rely on uncles in the church to remember tunes to hymns and then there'll be rare occasions like today where we'll start correctly and half way through the first verse, we'd realise that we got the tune wrong. so, try again. Most of the time, on our second try, we'd get it right. Today, we got it right only on our 5th or 6th attempt! It was quite funny. AND, we had guests with us. haha. I wonder if they see the piano and wonder as I do. But you know, when I first attended this church, I couldn't take it la. The least Life Chapel had was piano accompaniment. Most other brethren churches have a full band! It really took some adjusting to. It even came to a point where I couldn't enjoy worship and I started to think, if the worship in church is so dead, I have to start looking for other church edi. It is not too late since I still have my letter of commendation with me! Haha. Yeah, talk about the fear of commitment man! After 2.5 years, I still have the letter of commendation and have never given it out. Anyway, I came to realise that the issue was with me and not with music or not. Sure, music play a huge huge part in my life. But, I guess, worship was more than music and inasmuch as I still do not understand why there is such an arrangement in the church, I respect it and i'm now more or less used to it edi... And it's such a blessing you know. I'm not judging but I'm just saying what I see. I see a super friendly, caring and loving group of people in the church. Super sacrificial. And in the small group of people I know, I see very godly men and women - heart all to serve our mighty God, to live lives that gives glory to God - as He is deserving! I'm not saying they are all like angels ar! But, I'm just saying that I'm very encouraged by the hearts of some people - especially the church leaders. They really are something! Very humble men...really!

And all this talk about them reminds me of uncle Eric Kirton. I'm sad to hear the passing away of (as Jon acknowledges him as) the last true Brethren missionary. Uncle Eric Kirton has truly inspired many by the way he lived his life - giving all glory to God, in strict obedience towards God, giving God only the best, a broken and humble man. A man whom i'm very sure God was pleased with. The memorial service was held at Life Chapel. This is what, the third time I hear Life Chapel opening up her place for memorial services?! And I heard that Life Chapel was packed full today. My parents were standing at the carpark la! Basement also full. Imagine the amount of lives uncle Eric Kirton has impacted and encouraged. My prayer is that people continue on with the legacy that uncle Eric Kirton left us with. That we will truly seek to honour God with our whole being.

I guess, no better time to listen to Big Daddy Weave's "Audience of One" than now. Check this

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:11 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

People should read this.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home