Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Nothing is perfect - I am not neither is the day... :)

I've decided to blog early today. If you notice my blog posts are usually after midnight. I'm not gonna study tonite. That's because my next paper is on Saturday and it's EL2101 - Structure of Sentences and Meaning. In more linguistic term, it's Syntax and Semantics. Anyway, it's an open book paper, just like most English Language papers. I'm not too worried about that paper although I haven't been performing well and for once i'm afraid I'll fail. However, God challenged me to do something about my studies and so therefore, I shall have faith!! :)

Anyway, I had 2 papers today. One at 9am and another at 1pm. Aih...I was super duper sleepy lor. So, I was wondering whether I can be awake for my papers today. Thank God though! It was alrite. My Phonology and Morphology paper today was quite tough! Aih, these papers are always difficult. Especially when you know that there's negative marking. Why does ENGLISH have negative marking? It's not a matter of life and death wert! Maybe I don't really understand the implication of language in our every day lives and especially English! My exam paper really makes me feel it doesn't do justice to the amount of readings I've done. Not because I've been hardworking in my readings but there's so much of readings yet the answers that are required of us are really really short! It's so short that it makes me feel like I'm doing primary school mathematics!! Aih......Come to think of it, it's so weird because English Language in University is like Mathematics!! How strange!!

Today has been a tremendously good day! After my 9am paper, I went to the canteen. Saw Fen there and joined her for breakfast. Was then suppose to be studying. So, I took out my notes to do last minute read through my notes before my paper at 1pm. I saw Fen's churches song book. We started singing. She was also preparing for a paper today. Muahaha.....We ended up singing. Adrian was sitting not too far from us, he looked at us with a weird expression coz we were holding onto our notes but we were singing praise songs!! hahah...Craziness rite? Anyway, time for exam...got up and went to exam place....AS6.

Once there, Janice pull me aside and asked me a few questions. And then, we hug each other and gave each other our best wishes and den it was "Ok, THIS is it!!" Walk down the hall wishing almost all that I know, "All the best ah" and then I saw Shao Zhen and then I exclaimed "Oh my goodness, can you believe it? I'm sitting next to you!!" Wooah....Both of us super suprised but pretty happy. Then Hong Peng comes walking in and then I said "ALL the best ah" and then he says "Yeah, you too....eh, you sitting here ar? I tot I'm sitting here." Then I said "Yah meh? What's your number? Mine is....erm, 25" Opps......I was sitting at his place. I quickly got my stuff and look for my table. haha....Man, the people near us who witnessed what happened really laughed their heads off lor. haha...Before exam we edi laughing like gila. Haha...

I'm now talking to Cuong and he's not exactly completely happy with a decision I made. :(

So, after the exams, I go to the library to look for people to have lunch with me. All not free! :( So, i thought...aiyah...nvm la...go to the canteen and see whether got people there to eat with me anot. I was pretty sure that Fen and Adrian will be there. So, as I was walking, a deep voice come behind me and say "Excuse me." Aiyoh...I turn and look behind, it was MATTHEW! Goodness! There's sooo much space to walk lar. Must walk behind me wan meh! So naughty!! So, we talked about his paper and then because he was alone and I was alone, so we had lunch together. I noticed something very similar between us. We react the same way to the things that people say. His friends joined us and they were making funny statements. Matt and I would just look at each other and make funny faces and then we'd end up laughing at the way the two of us react the same way to what people say. haha....

I went and disturb Fen and Adrian and Jasmine after that. Well, I actually wanted to just drop by to wish her "All the best" but ended up sitting with Adrian and doing funny funny things. Muahaha. Alicia kept repeating my surname over and over again. What is wrong with her man? So naughty!! ;p Hehe.....Adrian, Alicia and Mark Szto decided to take out their IC and their matric card and started laughing at how each other looked at the age of 12. Haha....It was a pretty funny thing. How Mark keep saying, "I'm old now!! I'm old"....hahahah

Su called! :) I'm glad u thought of me. You'll see me soon!! Hehehe...

When Adeline came back (from seeing her friend), she got Adrian's guitar and the both of us were very happily singing. I miss those times when we (a bunch of friends) will just sit and then we start singing - with or without musical instruments. yeap... :)

Clement is very evil! No la...He's quite nice but a bit cynical at times. Aiyah.....hehehe...but its amazing how we've not known each other for very long but we're comfortable talking funny funny things with each other! And then Matthew (different one from the lunch Matt) offered me Chocolates. I've never spoken to Matthew before. I've never even made eye-contact with him before. We talked as if we knew each other for some time already. Goodness!! They (Clement, Matthew, Adrian and Adeline) did something so super embarassing. They sang and Adrian make actions for the songs they sung. Me and Jasmine just look away - embarassed. I see why Adrian is such an attraction to girls...hahaha. He's a clown! Got free clown service not good ar? heheh....

It was a very happy day today.

..........

I think it be very sweet for him to sing this to her. When I first heard this song, the only thing that ran through my mind was "Oh boy, this song is so appropriate for him to sing to her." I'm sure he will do so on their wedding day! So happy for them! :)

He packed his bags when he was just 18
To see a world he thought he'd never seen
But he knew when he met her
That she was the girl
He'd been waiting for

And each night they spent talking on the front porch swing
And like it came straight out of a movie scene
But one night she stepped out as the sun began to set
When she got to the porch she found a letter that read

You're the only girl I'll ever love
And I'd do anything not to give you up
If I could only stop the world
When you're standing by my side
See I'm having the time of my life
Yes, I'm having the time of my life

The months went by it was their wedding day
A church on a hill wedding bells rang away
She looked like a princess
All dressed up in pearls
It was her proudest day

And he stood all alone in a darkened church hallway
He got down on his knees and he started to pray
He thanked the Lord for his family and the perfect bride
But he couldn't hold back what he was feelin' inside
And he said

She's the only girl I'll ever love
And I'd do anything not to give her up
If I could only stop the world
When she's standing by my side
See, I'm having the time of my life
Yes, I'm having the time of my life

Forty years went by and she lived most of God's plan
She stood alone in an attic, wedding dress in her hand
And she held an old letter written so long ago
But she'd never forget it
No matter how old

And as she turned to put the dress away
And pack up the years
He was standing in the doorway
With his eyes full of tears
And he held her

'Cause you're the only girl I'll ever love
And I'd do anything not to give you up
If I could only stop the world
When you're standing by my side
See I'm having the time of my life
Yes, I'm having the time of my life


Somehow, a good day ends with a not-so-happy note. Somehow, the heart is crushed but its still inside there....
Some people cry easily. I wish I was like that (Well, at least when I want to lar!)

2 Comments:

At 1:56 am , Blogger toPher said...

hey squatto..
all the best in your exams..
i'm sure you'll do fine =)
take care ya'..
dun over stress...
miss u...
can't wait to haf ya' bak here la squatto!!
hehe
God bless....

 
At 11:27 am , Blogger -- J e e L e e -- said...

Why you calling me a squatto, har U BIG TIME SQUATTO!!!
hehehe.....

Will be back soon....don't worry!! When's ur NC ar?

Aih.....

Life Chapel...here I come!! (soon!!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home