Sunday, March 05, 2006

Chariots of Fire

I absolutely looove Chariots of Fire. There's something about that movie that moves me. It could be jolly well be the same reason why guys like to watch women running on the beach in Baywatch! Hah (But, of course not!). The first time I watched the movie was in Life Chapel when we had a screening of it for fund (and fun) - raising. I remember being moved to tears.

This morning when I woke up, I contemplated skipping church for one day because I was super tired and I sorta felt like not going. I sat up and I prayed. I went to church in the end. I had this great sense of guilt and sin in me and so on the way to church, I really couldn't stop saying my sorries. And I hate it when I feel that way and I feel so ashamed that I wouldn't want to face God. As I cry out to God, slowly I felt more assured about being forgiven and about hating myself for sinning. When I reached church, I was asking God to point me to passages that speaks of forgiveness if He really did forgive me. We all know that God will forgive us if we go to HIM and ask for forgiveness. Somehow, when I sin and I need forgiveness, I need God to speak to me HIS forgiveness. Well, you can say that I need a personal touch in everything. But, God is good. I kinda step into church hall late today and the first passage that was turned to spoke about God's mercy!! Woah!! Speechless. God is amazing and awesome.

I came home after church today and the Lee family was home. I was suprised because they should be at church. So, they didnt go to church. And I found out that it is Danielle's birthday today! And Petra's birthday this friday! And so I told Lilian what happened yesterday. Of course it all only made sense to me after Lilian told me of the special occasions. See, yesterday I was out for dinner with Radika at Plaza Singapura (Yes, spelt in Malay!). After dinner, I saw a few of those shops that sells cutesy stuff. Walked into it and suddenly there was this urge "Buy Danielle something." I've never had such urges before, neither have I bought them anything before. So, that was pretty weird. Nonetheless, I heeded that urge and bought Danielle something. It was the only thing left in the rack that has her name on it. So, i grabbed it and then I wanted to buy Petra something too. I thought of the same thing but it didn't have her name. So, I got her something else. My point is this : I don't know what God wants to show me or Danielle and Petra. But my feel is that, God wanted to show me that God can use me to bless others even though I didnt really specifically pray for them or think about them and I also think that God wants to show Danielle that God loves her. I donno, to put someone in someone else's heart, I think, shows the heart of God - that He loves and cares!

Yeah....

Incase u were wondering, God was very good to me during ETWG yesterday! :) Had quite a lot settled. :)

Like Eric Liddell in Chariots of Fire, I hope against all hope that God will honour me as I honour HIM, not because I deserve it, but simply because He wants to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home