Saturday, March 18, 2006

Let go, let God.

Busyness and tiredness have kept me from blogging regularly for the past few days. My seemingly busiest and packed tight week is over now. However, there are still plenty of projects to do with plenty of readings to catch up with. I'm trying to stay awake to study but I'm falling asleep from time to time and feeling really restless. I can't sit still. Sigh.

I've had 1 presentation, 2 tests and 1 assignment to hand in throught the past week. I really thank God for His grace. Because, throughout the week, I had to meet people for personal time and have bible study as well, and there's the Breaking-the-da-vinci-code talk. Undeniably, there were temptations to push personal time to the week after but God was very clear in showing me that He wanted me to be faithful even in times of busyness. This time it was a lesson of faith and trust. And you know, God has been so awesomely gracious and faithful.

I've already made up my mind on thursday not to go for the DVC talk because I have a test on friday and this module is really NOT easy. So, I really needed to study. But, I wanted to go for the talk as well to understand what the whole thing is and to see how christian scholars tackle this whole thing. Plus, right now the dvc hype is not full forced yet. Wait till the movie is out, then the "attack" can be seen more clearly. So, I wanted to go to not only prepare myself but also to know how to help others prepare for this. I prayed and told God, "I want to go but there's Child Language test tmr. So, if YOU allow me to finish half the amount of studying I need to do before, then I will go." You know, God not only allowed me to finish half of it all, I finished more than half of it! So, I went for the dvc thing. Because I had no dinner, I know I was going to be very hungry. But when I went there, they served dinner! Nothing heavy but good enuff. So, I walked into the hall and sat with all VCF people since I saw no Nav peeps. Walked out to have dinner and I saw they had mee hoon and fishballs. Goodness gracious! God really knows how to feed me and gives me my favourite!!! Hehe...I was so happy. How easy it is to please me! :P

Then, my test on friday was awesome. I was a little nervous because my lecturer said it's all data analysis. You see, in English Language and especially so for Child Language, it's super difficult to analyse a set of data and come to the conclusion that your lecturer wants. So, I was scared. Plus, I didn't go through the readings but only notes of readings that were prepared by other classmates. So, yikes! Nonetheless, the test was amazingly simple. I don't know how I'll fair in it but I was super cool during the test. I fret not and infact, I finished early. Woohoo.....

God is good. Very good!!!

This is just one incident throught the whole week. The rest of the week was also testimonies of how gracious God has been to me.

One thing the Lord taught me from these experiences is this: When I'm called to serve, I serve faithfully and leave the other worries to God. He will sort it all out for me!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home