Sunday, March 19, 2006

When God says something, He will fulfil it!

This time round I bring you to 1 Corinthians 10:13 - No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

God is great!

You see, I have to do this project on media. Me and my coursemates want to do on Homosexuality representation in the media. So, we've gotta look for shows with homosexuality elements in it from 1960s to 2000s. Amazingly, the 1960s show, NUS Library has a copy. It's called "The CHildren's Hour" and in 1970s, there's this show entitled "Boys in the Band" but NUS library has no copy of it. It's the first show that celebrated homosexuality. It's like a breakthrough thingy in this industry. So, this show is quite important to us.

However, it's been soooo difficult to get the movie. Some of my friends tried downloading the movie but cannot find. (even Amazon doesn't have the price listing for this movie lar!!)

When my friends told me they were planning to download it, I didn't know what to say. Only a few weeks ago, God convicted me of not violating copyright and this includes music and videos - basically, don't download illegally. So, once convicted, I deleted all files from my comp - even deleted all the downloading programs.

So, my friends were online with me and we were looking for alternative movies - around the same era - 1970s. So, we were looking and I was reading reviews of these movies. We were feeling quite down because really cannot find any of the movies. So, i suggested that we just do a literature review for that era since we can't find the movie - i'm quite sure a book about it is easier to find.

then suddenly,

Adrian: wait....I think I found it.
Me: What show?
Adrian: Cabaret
Me: You gonna download it?
Adrian: Yes...
Me: Oh no...I'm against piracy. God has recently convicted me of it. Oh no....

(at this point, I really wrestled with it. "Why O Lord are you allowing me to be tempted this way? Only a few weeks ago you convicted me of this." I really struggled with it. I tried to even tell myself, "it's okay la" But my conscience was pricking. I know God is not pleased with me doing it or even getting myself involved (tho indirectly). So, I decided to tell my friend that no la, I don't think we should do it. Then, at that exact point when I've decided to not do it and I was crying out to God, "Help me Lord", God put an idea in my mind, "Try your NUS library" Huh? NUS library?? Okay lor...no harm trying...)
So i checked the NUS library. To my amusement.....

Me: Oh my goodness adrian....NUS have Cabaret!!!!
Adrian: What????!!

Right at that point, he tells me he feels like Abraham. Gonna sacrifice Isaac edi and then suddenly God sends the ram! Woah. Yeah, at that point, my heart almost fell out! THANK YOU LORD!!! Thank You sooooo much.

Truly 1 Cor 10:13!!!! THe Lord will not tempt us beyond what we can bear. He will provide us a way out!!!!

It was amazing!!! Maybe no one will understand the excitement me and adrian was in. Especially when I was there trying really hard not to disobey God...God is amazing!! God is amazing!!! Very truly great!!!

Lord, thank you!!!
I'm sorry that the thought of disobeying you even slip into my mind even though it's for a split second!!
Thank You Lord....really!!!
For being faithful and gracious and merciful to me!!!! :)

I love You Lord!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home