Saturday, June 17, 2006

Love...

Just finished watching ‘I am Sam’ and I am really touched – by a love a (mentally disabled) man can have for his daughter. The blatant reality behind that show that strucked me was that even in our desires to love a person, we hold back for various reasons, main one being fear. And even if we want to love, somehow or rather the recipient ends up hurt – sometimes for a lifetime.

In a world where we’re told to be kind, (sometimes “too kind”), people are told and taught it to be unkind and rude to tell someone how that person has hurt you. Most people rather just bottle it all in. I know I am like that.

I fear telling people they’ve hurt me – fear being labelled “over-sensitive”, fear not having friends – valid fears I must say. Because I see no wrong in being sensitive – it’s my make up. You don’t like it? Tell my creator.

I was watching the Holland vs. Ivory Coast game and I saw love – between Van Nistelrooy and Van Persie. The former a Man U player and the latter an Arsenal player. Nistelrooy scores his country a second goal and gets cheered by his fellow play-and country-mates. And then there’s love – when he stands up and he faces Van Persie, he smiled. A smile that says “I scored and I’m glad to share it with you”. And he hugged V. Persie – A real big bearie hug!

I saw love there.

Love – why has something so pure been tainted and changes to something quite ugly at times?

Readers, go and wish your fathers a Happy Daddy’s Day! Go call, send him a letter, hug him, shake his hand…just do something to tell him you love him and thank him for being a father to you. Show him you love him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm back and things have changed.

And I don't like it.

SAD.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home