Saturday, April 14, 2007

two cents worth?

A lot of things running through my mind these few days. I don't want an extremely lengthy post but I like blogging for archive sake.

I feel that life is interesting because it is peppered with interesting, unexpected things that happens.

This semester, God brought me a friend whom I think is very interesting. When we first had a meal together, I found out we share one same hobby!!! I went for an event he organised last night and I was the camerawoman. So, today my friend sent out a picture that i took and he mentioned this: *I didn't take this shot myself. I found someone who is like-minded! And I smiled because I think it's so nice to know someone thinks the same way as you. It's so nice to meet someone whom you know share certain hobbies or ideas with you. Don't you feel so?! It's like meeting a long lost twin. hehe. Maybe it'll be interesting to think about the friends you have and the special thing that you both share. Don't that make your friendship even more special? :)

xxx

For lunch today, I cooked. It's always good to hang out with friends from the same kampung - especially after so long! But, today I relive my childhood. Some of you know the friendship I have with David - a platonic friendship that started since we were kids. We've grown up and God in HIS goodness, brought us both to Singapore - a company we really appreciate! But today, we did something that we as kids used to do very often. I don't know if he remembers it or not. But, he used to come to my house after church and then we'll sit at the piano - playing and singing. Today we did the same thing. And I think that was special. :)

xxx

Shelby wrote on our church songbook that she so thoughtfully gave to me: May you be able to use it in times when there's silence that needs filling with song. There have been aplenty time where there's silence that needs filling with songs. And although I'm no sweet sounding songbird, I love to sing. Music fills a certain emptiness within. Music has a special place in my heart. And there are a lot of times, music (like poetry) echoes the things in our hearts much more competently that just mere words.

And in the past two days, there's a desire to sing which is much greater than any ordinary days.

And when times like this come, I miss shelby much more!!! :)

xxx

Weng Yan celebrated her 23rd birthday 5 days ago. Jee Leng, my sister, celebrated her 18th birthday 4 days ago. Jon celebrated his 24th birthday yesterday. With all the birthdays taking place, I'm just brought to realise how time really flies once you hit 20! One better make sure time is spent wisely, life is spent interesting and beneficially before it is all over.

xxx

I thank God for everything!!! :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home