Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Rethinking

After studying freezing in YIH study room, I decided to walk into the society's area. Why? I don't know. For no reason at all. I just had such a compulsion. While walking there I saw Nathanael, so I stopped and said my "hello" and then proceeded to the society's area. I looked at the Nus Navigator's table and thought to myself that there isn't anything different about this table. Everything looks the same. Why am I here? What am I looking for? I thought it was just one more of my aimless walks. So, I pulled the chair out and sat there looking aimlessly at the bookshelf I've never really took note of. And then, I skimmed through the books that were there and 1 book particularly caught my attention. It was an old book. Its cover was yellow and the pages were yellow too - an indication of an aged book. Nothing spectacular about the cover (I have a thing for cover pages!). But, it's title were screaming "Pick me UP!". It was: Shadow of the Almighty.

Ever since Walk His Trail, I've been wanting to read Shadow of the Almighty and Through Gates of Splendour. But, I've never been able to get hold of those books. I picked up Shadow of the Almighty and took a good look at the cover page. Read the dedication, acknowledgement. Paused for a while, thinking "do I have time to read this? I've just started on one book and barely moving forward. Do I abandon that book and read this? But, I have other books to read - academic ones." I took out the notebook that records all the books borrowed and notice that many people have borrowed books for years and they have no return date recorded. So the kiasu side of me thought if I don't grab hold of this book, either someone will grab it or I will forget. So, I recorded the details of the book in the logbook. Left society's area.

The book is really challenging me in my ways. Amongst it, is my desire to go to India. A few things have kept the thought of going to India in the backburner of my mind. Don't ask me why. haha. I never knew Jim Elliot had a passion for India. Little did I realise, reading the words "India" makes my heart skip a beat. I don't know why. But, it's making me rethink of my desire to go to India. Maybe it shouldn't be in the backburner anymore. Maybe I should really seriously start reconsider, rethink, go through another process of seeking the Lord again.

Lord, guide me! :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home