Monday, October 24, 2005

Random

Today has been filled with random thoughts and things that i was doing.

I woke up this morning late. So, when i got up, no one was home. (But, only 4 of us were home last nite - me, Pei Yun, Li Fang, and Gloria) Today is my free day. So, should i pack all my readings and spend the whole day in school? I wasn't sure. *think think* Den, i decided not to. Coz, i'll prolly need to bring my laptop along as well coz i've not updated myself on the things that needs to be done. And, being lazy me, i decided to walk to school without carrying ANYTHING. Yeap, ever walked to school like tat? It was funny. I think many people were wondering where did this woman come from? haha....ANyway, I was suppose to meet my dearie Sarah for breakfast or brunch. It's like our weekly appointment. We meet every Monday at 10am at arts canteen.

Ok, a bit on Sarah. I met her when i was in my first semester here in NUS. She was in the same tutorial as i was in for Malay Studies. Small and petite. My history has it that petite girls dont really become my close friends. WHY? because i am so much bigger than them and i feel like a complete GIANT when i stand beside them. And there are other things about sarah that i know i won't consider a close friend - she's grumpy and choosy! Haha...Not that i don't have such grumpy and choosy friends but with all the combination in her, i just tot this won't last long. But, because we were in Malay Studies together, we got rather close. We both HATED our lecturer - in NUS, he's the first i've seen who lectures without ANY powerpoint slides OR transparencies. He just stands down there and talk and talk and talk. And it gets really boring coz he's just so darn monotonous PLUS he reads from the readings he asks us to get. WOAH...sometimes really kenot tahan him man! Anyway, because it was malay studies, i had more background knowledge than Sarah did - yeap all those Malaysian education, how can i not know rite? So, there it started - our friendship. We enjoyed each other's crappiness...We studied together during the exam period of the first semester. Then, comes 2nd semester and we decide to take a module together - decided to take Sociology together. This semester, and for many more semesters, i know we won't be taking any more modules together since we're moving on into our own major fields. She's a geography major - Yikes rite? Can believe anot? A person who use to get Cs for geog (me) now has a close friend who majors in it. FUnny how God puts ppl together eh. Anyway, as we are not taking any module together, and if i want to keep the friendship going, i really gotta make the initiative to do something! Furthermore, I thought of helping her along as she journeys on with the Lord. Somehow the Lord put a burden on me to continue this friendship NOT JUST on having an extra friend, but to help her along also - which i thought was quite cool yet funny. So anyway, yeap yeap yeap. Now, towards the end of the semester, i know why the Lord gave me such a burden. Haha....Things happens and well, we're both growing together. And, boy...i am DARN glad to see how she's growing and how our friendship is now based on the Lord!

Ok....short synopsis on how i met sarah. Hehe....She's a dear lar!!! She really is! :)

Walk back home and i met Regina. Regina is also another name that the Lord put on my heart when i prayed for friends to reach out to beginning of the semester. ok, honestly, i haven't given my best to Regina. I have not been meeting her weekly. Sometime this semester, she told me she wants to convert to catholism. ARRHHH???? In whatever time i could, i asked her what happened...blah blah blah....Today, meeting her, she said she's now attending a methodist church. I thank God for His grace towards Regina and even to me. I've been feeling rather guilty about not spending enuff time with her. Made appointment to see her this friday!

Took a quick walk home - prayed for both of them and myself. :)

Spent the day in attempt to study. Failed miserably!! All i did was sort out the notes for EL 2102 - Structure of Sounds and Words. Did some of the readings and that was it! I havent even printed out the other notes and stuff yet. Yikes! Den, i did nothing else.

THen came dinner time. I was suppose to be at arts canteen for dinner but i didn't make it coz i didnt had the time to finish studying. In fact, even when the BS group came, i still havent finish the few sheets of paper. So, yeah lor.....If i were alone, i'd cook Maggi Mee. But since Li Fang was home and she oso havent makan yet. So, i asked her wanna eat anot and she said she want to but donno what to eat. So, i told her to go and do her work while i figure out what we'll have for dinner. Ok, this house has got NOTHING to eat liao. Man, i'm starving! Haha.....WHAT am i gonna eat? Like i said, if i was alone, i'd have eaten maggi mee or boil some rice and eat with Marmite. But, got Li Fang...So, i decided to boil spaghetti and i looked into the cupboard and saw a packet of Campbell soup. I've heard of how disgusting the packet Campbell soup can be. So, as i was cooking, i was apologising to Li Fang how terrible the food will taste (even tho she wasnt there to hear). Anyway, i added some stuff into the soup. Make sure got more taste in the soup and in the Spaghetti. Turn out really well! I am so proud of myself! hahah...even Li Fang said it was nice ok! hehe....I've alwiz telling myself "if only i could cook as well as my mom" It doesnt help when ur mom cooks for the church and all the other aunties and friends expects u to be able to cook as well. Haihz....today, finally, i felt that i could cook like my mom. Just simply taking all sorts of junk in the kitchen and putting them together and eventually it tastes good. Wah! THe satisfaction from that alone made me really happy! :)

THen, i heard "miau" and i knew my bs group is here. Haih, its something new that Liren, Vignesh and Jeremy came up with. So, it's like their trademark. So, yeap...Liren, Jeremy, HuiLi and Miffy came. It was really good to see them. Haha, i miss them - esp MIFFY!! It was soooo nice to see u. And how u came in with a wide wide smile and saying "Hiiieeeee Jeeee Leeee" :) I was sooo glad to see u. Really miss u. hehe.....And u came up to me and pass me something. Gave me a shock!! A green packeted thing that i wished for. AFTER EIGTH!! Ahhhh.....I almost jumped up and down and so wanted to give her a big big big hug for it! She read my posts a few days ago and it was darn sweet of her to give it to me lar! Man!!! I can't believe it! Miffy, Thank u soooo much! U have no idea how happy i am!! Thank u! :)

Den, another suprise. Ok, this is not really a suprise since i had a super long argument with u not to do it. So, i was actually dreading u to come in. I was even hoping that u wont come for bs. Knowing u're a person who keeps to your word! No, it's not that i dislike u ar! Don't get the wrong idea. But, i don't think u need me to say how much i didn't want you to get the siew yuk for me. First of all, it was a craving. I alwiz think that my food cravings are not alwiz meant to be satisfied. Hah! Weird me! But, really.....u going all the way (altho i donno where) to get the packet of siew yuk for me is darn touching lar! Like i said, really NO NEED. But, i'm not gonna go into WHY donnit. U know why. And ok, haha...no small packet of AFTER EIGHT, so u got a bigger one. At the end of yesterday's conversation, i tot we had an "agreement" that u will get ONLY siew yuk for me? So why was there a packet of AFTER EIGHT? I sigh because u've been too nice to me. I don't deserve it. If u get my e-mail, one of the reasons are in it. But, u-know-who-u-are, u really REALLY shouldn't have done it. And please, let me pay for it!!!! U'll make me feel really guilty if u dont. And, i say again, THANK U THANK U THANK U THANK U THANK U THANK U.

I called WengYan after BS. She's cool. I've never fail to thank God for her. The friend she has been to me. The funny, sarcastic, lame person that she is! Yet, serious and encouraging! How loved i feel by God!! Thank U Lord...Woman, if u read this, u da woman lar!! (oh, that was pretty redundant rite? heheh...)

Now that it's late, i'm talking to Beverly. There has just been too much feelings going on in me that I so need to tell it to someone. Beverly is the best person to tell it all to. So, yeap.....She's praying for me...so, yay!!!

I'm going off now. It's been a extremely exciting day! I thank God for everything and for all of u who showed me a glimpse of God's love for me today!! TO every SINGLE one of u, I LOVE you! :) Thanks a million!!

2 Comments:

At 10:50 pm , Blogger queen shelby said...

"because i am so much bigger than them and i feel like a complete GIANT when i stand beside them. "

i'm even bigger than you
if you're a giant - how do you think i feel?

 
At 2:50 am , Blogger -- J e e L e e -- said...

U know, when i was writing that sentence, U came to mind. NOT THAT u're bigger than me but because u alwiz complain about how u feel like a giant with all ur petite cousins. I know how u feel man.

And no, u are not bigger than me! Ok, u're taller. But, i feel that whenever girls wanna hug me, their arms not long enuff to give me a full hug. So, i choose my hugger. Haha!!! Prolly that's why they squeeze me to near death when they hug me! hahah....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home