Monday, June 26, 2006

Foolish I am

We in our foolishness thought we were wise
He played the fool and He opened our eyes
We in our weakness believed we were strong
He became helpless to show we were wrong
So we follow God's own Fool
For only the foolish can tell
Believe the unbelievable, come be a fool as well

That’s the chorus for Michael Card’s God’s Own Fool. Interesting eh? I thought so. Many a time, I am that exact one described in the first line of the chorus: Me in my foolishness thought I am wise. Yes. Talk about being proud right? My thought life has been the most impure of things lately – definitely not pleasing God. And well, when you struggle with things of the mind that effect the heart, oh gosh, you wish you never struggle like this and may this be the last time. Learn your lesson and move on. Stop learning your lesson the hard way. That’s how I’ve been for the longest of time. I remember saying this to my mom: I wish I learn things the easier way. My mother said: The lesson starts easy but you just always only learn the lesson when it gets harder.

Then again, all is not lost. Not belittling the fact that I am a sinner and many a times, I do not please HIM. Oh, I am a big time sinner! But I guess, at the end of it, I learn la. Even though, I wish I learn way sooner. Even though, I wish I never again hurt or displease my God.

I think this is a real struggle to not only me – to realise the seriousness of your sin and behaviour and how it effects God but yet at the same time not be filled with self-condemnation and instead be grateful to God for that special gift called grace and forgiveness and everything that comes from GOD.

Yes.

God is good la. For that, I am forever grateful!!

'Cause when we say 'no'
to the things of the world
we open our hearts
to the love of the Lord and
its hard to imagine
the freedom we find
from the things we leave behind

Because it is hard to imagine, that’s why we struggle to leave behind the things of the world. Because we can’t see the freedom that lies ahead.

God, unveil our eyes! Unveil my eyes!! Help me let go of my pride! Help me not be the foolish one.

Check out the foolish one BElOW:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home