Monday, July 03, 2006

Weekend filled with different emotions...

Feeling very tired now. Many things have happened within the past few days.

Friday : PC planned supper as a sending-off Joshua “party”. We then headed over to the Lee residence for football. A game we all wanted to watch so thankfully Mr. Lee opened his house for noisy people like us to watch. Hehe…it was a VERY LOOONG game! Me and Charity almost wanted died. Tension la! Stress u know!! Haha… I reached home in time to watch the second match of that night. I watched only the 1st half since I’ve gotta wake up early the next morning.

Saturday: COPA IBA. My!! I’ve not been for COPA IBA for the past 2 years. So, it was a definite must go for me. Though none of my gang of friends were there, I definitely had to be there. Would have been my last year of being qualified to play – age wise. I was asked to substitute a few players but thought that COPA IBA ain’t about winning but about allowing the younger people to play and enjoy themselves. So, I told the under-23 team captain to allow other girls to play. The sun was blazing hot. I don’t like putting on sun-blocks, so I’m quite red – face and hands esp. ever heard of people having burned lips? Yeah, I had. My gosh. Got dry lips is okay – but when you have lips burning hot and it hurts when you touch them, oh my, that is not okay!! And I had red nose – like Rudolf the red-nose reindeer. Hah! I shall not dwell on my ugliness now. Haha... But it was fun being there, meeting people from other churches too.


The Life Chapel at Copa Iba 2006 Posted by Picasa

COPA IBA - Uncle Steven Low delivered a very good message! Although I’ve always felt that a gospel message during COPA IBA is not very effective – nonetheless, Uncle Steven has never failed in giving good and short gospel messages. Our under-23 team played horribly, for various reasons. But, I guess, it was okay. Haha…Some teams we played against were very nice people but some were quite arrogant. I didn’t like that. Copa IBA was suppose to be a tool for evangelism. Sigh. However, our under-16 team played quite well. The older ones kept reminding the team members to live up to TLC’s adopted name – Tender loving care. So, play tenderly, lovingly and caringly! I believe we did! So proud of them! I wonder who won in the end.

I reached home about 3:05pm and I was making arrangements with Li Yee to go to UPM. I was suppose to be at her house by 4:15pm. But, I was too tired and with a little fried brain, I took a nap and only woke up at 4:45pm. So, I rushed to take a bath and rush over to Li Yee’s house. And because it was already so late, I called Joshua just to make sure it is okay for us to enter UPM. He forgot some stuff from home. So, I called Charity to make sure she was home so that I can go over and collect his stuff. Went to his house and got the stuffs and then both me and Li Yee headed over to UPM. So, we reached UPM at 6 plus. We gave him the things we wanted to pass to him and then when he had to go, we left too.

Left for Christopher’s 21st birthday party! God was with us throughout our journey because we had no clue how to get to Chris’ place from UPM. So, we just hentam oni. Thank God we manage to find the place without too much trouble. So, he got dunked into the pool – well, that’s for having a pool-side party! Haha….

Reached home super tired.

Sunday: couldn’t wake up for church. By the time I reached church, was a little late already. Better still, I struggled to keep awake during sermon. Oh my! But still not too bad la….Li Yee was struggling way worse than me! hehe…

I told Li Yee the previous day to sit with me because I know I’d feel a lost – without Joshua around. I guess, I did feel what Joshua felt when I left and he sat alone during worship. When I first left, everyone told me “it feels different going to church without you”…and Joshua felt it especially. I guess, now it is my turn.

After church, we went out for breakfast and then ice-cream at McD. But we were all very tired, so we all went home after that – which isn’t usual. But, I guess, with WengYan and Shelby and Joshua absent, things are unusual.

When I got home, you should have seen the delight on my face when my phone rang and Joshua’s name appeared on the screen!!! So, I spoke to him, of course I didn’t tell him how it felt not having him around la. Hehe…hopefully he’d be around next week la! It feels so weird already.

But, the sad part is that we all should have realised this earlier. The entire gang will not have a last gathering anymore. Li Yee, Shel and Chris will be gone this Friday. And Joshua won’t be back before that. So sucky man! Argh! (And Sam scolds me and accuse me of “pampering” Josh – by going to UPM to see him!)

:(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home